What is Shiatsu?
- Shiatsu is a healing art form from the Eastern–Oriental world and recently developed on scientific lines in the West.
- Uses touch and pressure to balance body meridians and ensure smooth flow of “Ki”… a vital life force.
- Can be dynamic or static and removes body energy blockages.
- Promotes deep relaxation, well being and body balance, treating body, mind and spirit together.
- Uses acupuncture points some of which are similar to motor points of modern science. Many points are similar to marma points of Ayurveda.
- Relaxes muscles and increases blood circulation in affected areas. This sends nerve impulses to the viscera’s or body organs to work efficiently.
- Enables contact with our own abilities for self–healing.