Breathing is very vital to life. Even though breathing is natural and everyone does it, most people don’t breath appropriately. If you breath properly, it can help you in clearing your mind and reaching higher states of consciousness. Some people breath in a shallow manner. Bad breathing habits often contribute to ill health. The body is deprived of the oxygen it needs, and cannot function properly. If you learn to breath properly, it will not only help you physically but also increase your energy levels.
How you could breath properly…
- Stand with your feet together and arms on your side.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath through your nose. Monitor yourself as you breath. Take notice as to whether you’re expanding your chest or your abdomen as you inhale.
- Then exhale.
Belly breathing helps you relax whenever you are tense. When you feel anxious about something, just close your eyes and take 5 to 10 deep breaths. It can also strengthen you.
When you are feeling tired or drained, do a few belly breaths. Do not breath from your chest, breath properly.
- Lie flat on the floor or on your bed. Take a few deep breaths and feel yourself relax. Place one hand on your abdomen. Take a deep breath through your nose. As you inhale, let your abdomen push your hand out.
- As you exhale, feel your hand go down. Do this 3 to 10 times. Take your time while breathing. Breathing this way will probably feel strange at first, but with practice you’ll become accustomed to it.
- Try to practice belly breathing everyday. A good time to do it is when you get into bed at night, when you wake up in the morning and/or any time you want to relax.