- Isolation of Virus
- Demonstrating four fold or greater rise in antibody titer in paired sera
- Enzyme–Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay (ELISA) testing for IgM antibody.
- Diagnosis by Real Time – Polymerase chain reaction (RT–PCR) Test
Treatment of Chikungunya Fever
- Chikungunya is a Viral Disease, therefore rest is important. Vigorous exercise should be avoided. Mild exercise is recommended.
- Plenty of fluids should be taken.
- Antipyretics & analgesics such as Paracetamol or Ibuprofen as per the recommendation of doctor should be taken.
- Avoid Aspirin or steroids in any form.
- There is no need of antibiotics or Intra Venous fluids like normal saline, dextrose routinely. If any associated conditions are there, then only these are necessary.
It is usually 2 to 12 days. (Commonly 3 to 5 days)