Certain important milestones in pregnancy occur during each trimester. For example, specific tests are done during the first trimester, and certain problems, if they develop, almost always arise during the third trimester. Although there is nothing crucial about these trimester divisions, they do help both you and your doctor in planning the management of your pregnancy.
The most common early signs of pregnancy include
- Nausea and/or vomiting (morning sickness).
- Breast changes such as soreness, fullness, tingling nipples, darkening of the areolas.
- Veins becoming more apparent.
- Frequent urination.
- Aversion to certain smells and/or increased sense of smell.
- Crampy feeling in the pelvis similar to menstrual cramps.
- Basal Body Temperature remains elevated.
- Light staining or spotting which my occur around the time of implantation.