All India Entrance Examination
For admission to PG medical courses on All–India basis for admission to 25% of seats against open merit in Government Medical Colleges.
- Duration: MD/MS – 3 years
Diplomas – 2 years
- Eligibility: After completion of compulsory notating internship.
National Board of Examinations
An autonomous body of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare which conducts specialty examinations in various disciplines of medical sciences for the award of ‘Diplomat of National Board’. The examination is held in 2 parts – primary and final in February.
Common for all board specialties and for direct 5 year course in Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Candidates possessing a post graduate qualifications in any specialty (Degree/Diploma) from a MCI recognised universities are exempted from the primary examination.
Consult the bulletins of information for eligibility in the subjects of board and super specialties.
A few colleges take in students on the basis of merit obtained in the final year MBBS examination. Some colleges have their own entrance examinations.
Masters in Hospital Administration/Management
Many renowned colleges in India offer a 2/3 years course in MHA/MHM.
To name a few:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – New Delhi.
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration – Osmania.
- Hinduja Institute of Healthcare Management – Hyderabad.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences – Mumbai.
- India Institute of Health Management and Research – Jaipur.