Janani Surkasha Yojana has been started during 2005–06 by Central Government. Maharshtra Government sanctioned this scheme by vide G.R. No. JSY 2005/670 Prs.Kra.171/FW3 dated 26/10/2005 for the rural area only. Vide Gr. No. JSY 2005/670/Pra.Kra.171/ FW dated 14/08/2006 urban area & benefit is given to beneficiaries below pverty line. Vide G.R. No. JSY2005/670 Prs.Kra.175/FW 3 dated 22/12/2006. Benefit is to be given Sc & ST beneficiaries.
To increase the institutional deliveries in urban and rural areas and reduce the MMR & IMR and BPL,SC & ST.
- Beneficiary mus be BPL.
- In case of SC & ST benefit should be to all pregnant women.(i.e. including non BPL).
- The age of registered pregnant mothers should not be less than 19 years.
- The benefit should be given to the beneficiaries up to two living child.
- For home delivery Rs.500/– amount is nto be given to the beneficary.
- For Urban area, the beneficiary after delivery in the institution to be paid Rs. 600/– with 7 days.
- For rural area the beneficiary after delivery in the institution to be paid Rs. 700/– within 7 days.
- Above benefit is given by demand draft to the beneficiaries.
The scheme is available at all Sub Centres, Primary Health Centres, Community Health Centres, Rural Hospitals, Sub – District Hospitals, District Hospitals, Accredited Hospitals, Hospitals under Medical Colleges, Municipal Corporation Hospitals, Corporation Hospitals and all Government Granted Hospitals.
No. of beneficiaries from the last two years
|Sr.No.||Year||No. of Beneficaries|