|National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN)|
6, Tadiwala Road,
Pune 411 001, Maharashtra, India
Telephone: +91 20 6132789
Fax: +91 20 6129230
Director: +91 20 6122656
National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN)National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN) is located at historical place called “Bapu Bhavan” situated at 6, Tadiwala Road, Pune. “Bapu Bhavan” is named after Mahatma Gandhi, Father of the nation, who had made this institution his home and used to stay here whenever he was in Pune from the year 1944. Formerly this place was known as “Nature Cure Clinic and Sanitorium” which was run by Late Dr. Dinshaw K. Mehta. From this center, Nature Cure as a System of Medicine took roots in India.
All India Nature Cure Foundation Trust was established in this center by Dr. Dinshaw K. Mehta as Settler of Trust and Mahatma Gandhi became one of its Founder Trustee and Chairman for life. Mahatma Gandhi during his last stay here in 1947, had considered making this institution as his permanent home, but was persuaded not to abandon Sevagram.
Gandhiji conducted many National and Inter–National activities from this place. Gandhiji’s life is our sacred heritage and a source of guidance. The establishment of “National Institute of Naturopathy” was first conceptualized in the Union Health Ministry in 1975 and “Bapu Bhavan” a National monument with historical significance was acquired by the Govt. of India, on 17th March 1975.
The National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune came into existence on 22nd Dec 1986. The Institute has a “Governing Body” at the top, headed by Union Minister for Health as President and Director, NIN, as the Member–Secretary.
The aims and objectives of the Institute in brief are as follows
- To conduct, provide facilities and encourage research in all aspects concerning human personality in all walks of life. Naturopathy as a “System of Medicine” and as a “Way of Life”.
- To impart, provide facilities and encourage training in Naturopathy.
- To provide and encourage facilities for all kinds of treatment in Naturopathy.
- To provide and encourage facilities for standardization and propagation of the existing knowledge and in application through research in Naturopathy.
- To establish a living memorial of Mahatma Gandhi – Father of the Nation in the Bapu Bhavan, Pune.
- Director of this institution is Prof. Dr. B.T. Chidananda Murthy N.D. (Hyd.), D.Y.
- Free Consultation and Advice
Free Consultation and advice for all diseases from 6.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. from Monday to Saturday.
- Out patient Clinic
From Monday to Saturday – 6.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. Normal Charges of INR 150 per week.
- Blood Pressure
- Over/Under Weight
- Digestive Disorders
- All Allergic diseases
- Skin Diseases
- Migraine etc
Enema, Hip Bath, Spinal Spray, Mud Packs, Steam Bath, Sauna Bath, Massages, Foot Arm Bath, Chromo bath, Mud Bath, Immersion Baths etc.
About 70 Patients take treatment Daily
- Monthly Bilingual magazine: “Nisargopchar Varta” English & Hindi at highly subsidized rate.
- 5 years: INR 350
- 3 years: INR 215
Articles on Naturopathy, Yoga, Health, food, longevity, Natural Way of life, Prevention and Preservation of Health etc. by eminent authors are published so that the readers can maintain their health by themselves i.e. Health–sufficiency as advocated by Mahatma Gandhi.
Free Yoga Classes
Five batches daily. Monday to Saturday – 1 hour each.
Morning – 6.30 a.m. and 7.30 a.m. Starts from 1st of every month.
Evening – 4.30 p.m., 5.30 p.m. and 6.30 p.m.
Starts from 17th of every month.
About 300 persons of different ages from all walks of life are undergoing these five classes regularly, throughout the year.
Free lectures: Every Thursday at 6.00 p.m. by various Health Experts are being conducted regularly which are covered by various newspapers and also Akashwani, Pune.
About 150 People attend each Lectures.
Health Camp: On different aspects for 2 days once in a month on Saturdays & Sundays.
About 75 persons participate in each camp.
Grant–in– Aid throughout India for
- 4 days Health Education Camps.
- 2 days Naturopathy Awareness Programs.
- 5 days Treatment cum Training Camps.
- 3 days Workshop on Chronic diseases.
- Publication of National Directory of Practicing Naturopaths, Naturopathy Hospitals and Colleges etc. by the end of 2000.
- Adding all required equipments like vibro–massagers, under water massager, whirlpool bath, jet bath etc. from 2000.
- 10 days Orientation Program for Practicing Naturopaths from 2000.
- Publication of rare text books on Naturopathy from 2000.
- Start of 1 Year Certificate Course in Naturopathy & Yoga (CNY).
- Starting of 2 Years Diploma Course in Naturopathy & Yoga (DNY).
- Starting of 5 1/2 Years Degree Course (B.N.Y.S.).
- Acquisition of about 100 acres of land around Pune for the establishment of 200 bedded Naturopathy & Yoga Hospital of national standard which acts as a nodal Institute for the country. NIN solicits for the land from the Govt. of Maharashtra and from the Philanthropist of Pune and around.