National Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Hits: 6874
Critical Illness policy
This is a policy for individuals in the age group 20–65 years covering the following critical ailments:
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Renal Failure ie. Failure of both Kidneys.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Major organ transplants like kidney, lung, pancreas or bone marrow.
- In the event of a claim, the critical illness has to be diagnosed by a registered medical practitioner, supported by radiological, histological and laboratory evidence acceptable to the company and to be reconfirmed by a registered Medical Practitioner appointed by the company.
- The company shall compensate the insured only once for any particular Critical Illness
- The claim will be paid if the insured person survives for 30 days after the diagnosis of the Critical Illness. The policy claim will not be reimbursed if the insured person falls ill within the first 90 days of buying the policy.
This policy compensates individuals against the following solely and directly resulting from accidental injuries:
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of eyesight
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Temporary total disablement
This consists of the following benefits if the insured sustains bodily injury due to an accident caused by external, violent and visible means.
- Death: Rs 1 Lac
- Loss of two limbs/two eyes/one limb and one eye: Rs. 1 Lac
- Loss of one limb or one eye: Rs. 50,000
- Permanent Total Disability: Rs. 1 Lac. (This part of the policy covers death / disability on 24 hour basis and is not limited only to accidents due to rail/road travel, but covers all types of accidents.)
If the insured person sustains bodily injury which requires medical treatment as advised by a qualified Medical Practitioner arising solely and directly from rail/road accidents, the medical expenses for treatment are as following:
- Hospitalization expenses for medical/surgical treatment at nursing home/hospital as an inpatient – up to Rs. 1 Lac.
- Outpatient treatment up to Rs. 10,000 within the overall limit of Rs.1 Lac as mentioned above.
- Domiciliary hospitalization is also covered in case the patient cannot be removed to the hospital or due to lack of accomodation in hospital.
Apart from the above, the policy includes expenses for carriage of dead body of the insured (in case of death due to accident only), an education fund for dependent children of the insured and a cumulative bonus benefit. Details for these can be found at the insurance company's website.
For Rural Markets
The National Insurance company also has a host of options for the rural markets. Some of these are as follows:
- Rajrajeshwari Mahila Kalyan Yojana Policy aims at the welfare of women mainly of rural and semi–urban areas irrespective of income or occupation * Bhagyashree Child Welfare Policy is meant for protection of the child in the event of death of either or both the parents
Please Login to Comment
Expert's Advice on Insurance
Insurance: It is certainly imperative to get one’s life insured, not just for your sake, but also for the sake of the ones’ you love as well. read more…