Near Dandekar Bridge,
Pune 411 030
(All days except Sundays, from 9:00am to 7:00 pm)
Phone No. (Off.) (020) 4331058
What we are saying since the CONSUMERS PROTECTION ACT was made applicable to the medical profession that “DOCTORS ARE UNWILLING TO TESTIFY AGAINST THEIR FRATERNITY”. This was admitted by Suhas Sen, President of the National Consumers Dispute Redressed Commission on the occasion of the inauguration of the second contact program of post–graduates in Medico–legal system course on 6 May, 2000, at Pune, Ram Jethmalani, Union Minister for Law, Justice and Company affairs presided over the function. Ever since the medical profession came under the scope of CPA, we, the OM MEDICO LEGAL CONSULTANCY group, have been providing medico–legal consultation to
- Doctors (against frivolous and vexatious cases)
- Patients (all necessary help as far as medical science is concerned, to fight cases against negligent doctors)
- Hospitals (to help their lawyers in putting up a logical defense in cases where the hospitals are made a party)
- Insurance companies (to enable them to settle just and reasonable claims and to reject those claims which are not logical as far as medical science is concerned)
- Lawyers (to strengthen their cases by including scientific facts based on medical knowledge in their drafts and arguments)
- Public at large (to remove their ignorance about the consumer court procedures, medical science, legal facts, their rights, doctors’ duties, government rules and regulations etc.)
It is an endeavor at providing information on every aspect of the medical profession as regards its legal implications.
Our future plan is to provide a common platform to discuss medico–legal problems faced by doctors and to find out practical solutions.