A public charitable trust, was founded on 2nd Nov, 1993. The foundation is registered under Bombay Public Trust Act, 1995. The foundation has received income tax exemption certificate under section 80-G.
The Foundation is also registered under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976.
Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation aims at
- Promoting equal opportunities for the hearing impaired & helping them to integrate into mainstream of society as productive members.
- Encouraging them for higher education by awarding prizes & scholarships every year.
- Bringing additional change towards hearing impaired people in society.
- Serving as a meeting ground for the hearing impaired & helping them to choose a suitable life partner.
Applications for scholarships are invited in the first week of July every year through press release in all the leading news papers and magazines and circulars to all the schools for the deaf in Maharashtra and Gujarat. By this time most of the results are announced for that year. Application forms are available on the foundation's website. Students can download and submit duly filled application forms along with necessary documents during 1st July to 31st August. These are accepted at the administrative office of the trust in Vadodara by post or courier. Scholarships, prizes and special awards, which are strictly based on merit, along with a certificate of merit, are distributed to the recipients in the month of October.
Besides scholarships, 7 awards are given for academic excellence to the top 7 students every year. 2 awards in each category at SSC, HSC and Graduate level and 1 award at Post Graduate level examinations have been instituted and are given to students who secure highest and second highest marks.
- Manubhai D Shah Award for Academic Excellence
1st rank holder at SSC level
- Vasumati M Shah Award for Academic Excellence
2nd rank holder at SSC level
- Pushpaben R Vora Award for Academic Excellence
1st rank holder at HSC level
- Jayaben N Parikh Award for Academic Excellence
2nd rank holder at HSC level
- Dahyabhai C Sutaria Award for Academic Excellence
1st rank holder at Graduate level
- Padmavati D Sutaria Award for Academic Excellence
2nd rank holder at Graduate level
- Maniben Chunilal Sutaria Award for Academic Excellence
1st rank holder at Post Graduate level
|SSC Level||HSC & Above Level|
Only those students having passed SSC, HSC, Graduate or Post Graduate level examinations in any discipline, from regular educational setup in the current year, are eligible to apply. The scholarships are open only to students of Maharashtra and Gujarat. Students from Gujarat having passed HSC level examination from special school but having secured confirmed admission in any regular college, university or institute are also eligible to apply.
Nilam Patel Bahushrut Foundation
SF – 205, Riverdale Apartment
Opp. Sun Moon Park, Akota
Vadodara 390 020, India.