Vaidya M. P. Nanal Foundation
|Name:||Vaidya Vilas Madhusudan Nanal|
|Place & Date of Birth:||Pune, September 7, 1950.
606, Sadashiv Peth, Vaidya Nanal Niwas,
Kunte Chowk, Laxmi Road, Pune.
|A.V.P.(Ayurvaidya parangat):||Year 1980 – (Post Graduation) Tilak Maharastra Vidyapeeth.|
|B.S.A.M.:||Year 1977 June, Bombay University.
(Bachelor of Shuddha Ayurvedic Medicine) R.A. Poddar Medical College
|B.Sc. (Occupational Therapy):||Year 1970 June, Bombay University. Course included study of Modern School of Occupational Therapy Anatomy, Physiology, Neurology, Seth G.S. Medical College, Psychiatry, Kinesiology and Occupational Therapy|
|Other Qualification:|| Certificate Course in Gemology: 1982, University of Pune Certificate.
Course in Photography: 1970, June, Sir J.J. School of Arts, Bombay.
|Family Background:||Belong to a family practicing ayurvedic system of medicine for more than three generations. We have an unbroken tradition of manufacturing our drugs, use of Panchkarma units as well as coaching students of various categories in the art and craft of ayurvedic medicines. We have traditionally specialized in using single drugs and drugs derived from the animal kingdom as well as mercurial compounds.|
Position Held & Appointment
1970, K.E.M. Hospital Bombay
Oct.70 to Aug. 72, (Worked mainly in Burns Department) Lokmanya Tilak Medical General Hospital, Orthopedic units. Sion, Mumbai.
April 77 to Sept. 78 Seth Tarachand Ramnath Ayurvedic Hospital, Pune.
October 78 to Aug. 81 Seth Tarachand Ramnath Hospital Pune.
Sept. 81 to date, Seth Tarachand, Ramnath Hospital, Pune.
Position Held & Appointment
Sept. 86 to date, Seth Tarachand Ramnath Hospital, Pune.
February 83 to date, Bhide Memorial Dispensary, Pune.
Jan. 86 to Date, Sadhu Vaswani Mission’s Shanti Clinic.
June 91 to date. Dept. of Kayachikista & Nidana, Mahavidyalaya, Pune.
Sept. 92 to date, Tilak Maharastra Vidyapeeth Ayurvedic Dispensary, Pune.
April 92 to date. Sassoon General Hospital, Pune.
Practical Examinations Charaka Samhita, Pune University
Extra Curricular Activities
Actively associated with the Academy of Development Sciences situated at Post Kashele, Tal, Karjat, Dist. Raigad, Maharastra. It is a voluntary organisation engaged in:
- Vaidu (Folk doctors) training program.
- Mother child care based on ayurveda in rural and tribal areas.
- Pharmacognosy collection – recording of local flora (about 400 species have been identified).
- Creating health awareness by organising diagnostic and therapeutic camps in the wadis.
Led teams of students on botanical excursions to…
- Dang forest (Gujarat).
- Koyana dam & Patan Taluka.
- Sirsi (Karnataka).
Conference & Lectures
- “Kidney disorders & Ayurvedic Management” at Talegaon General Hospital.
- Dincharya & Vyamaya on All India Radio, Pune.
- Ahara at Yoga Vidya Dham, Pune.
- Ahara & Arogya for 10 th std. students organised by Pune District Adhyapak Sangha.
- A programme on Bombay Doordarshan on ‘Ayurveda & Environment’.
- Series of two programs on Bombay Doordarshan on ‘Panchkarma’.
- Visiting lecture for Nidana Chikisa at the Yoga and Ayurveda Diploma Course arranged by Tilak Maharshtra Vidyapeeth, Since 1984 to date.
- Confirmation of pratyanga named ‘KLOMA’ Ancient Science of Life, a quarterly published from Coimbatore (English).
- Visiting lecturer for Sharir at the ‘Abhyana & Mardana Tantradnya “Diploma Course arranged by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, since 1994 for date.
- Member teaching faculty “School of health Sciences Pune University” Plura Systems of medicine at M.Sc. Since 1994 to date.
- Member teaching “School of Health Sciences, Pune University”.
Seminars, Conferences & Workshop
Presented a paper on Paranbeej a herb traditionally used but not described by texts, at an international conference of traditional Asian Medicine (ICTAM) 1982– Bombay.
National Workshop on ‘Indegeneous systems of Nutrition’ at Kalady. Dec. 12–20–87, Presented paper on ‘Agni–Vichara’ organised by L.S.P.S.S.
Expert Committee Member for formulation of Indian System of Medicine (ISM) approach to Polio Rehabilitation arranged by Immunisation Mission & L.S.P.S.S at Jamnagar, Feb. 1989.
- Brainstorming Session on the Standardisation of Ayuvedic Drugs at Lucknow, arranged by Department of Science & Technology, govt. of India & Central Drug research Institute, Lucknow.
- Presented a Paper on Evaluation of Custard on Ayurvedic Principles at International Conferences of Traditional Asian Medicine (ICTAM) 1990 Bombay.
- Key note address on A
dhikaran at the 1st Congress on Traditional Sciences & technologies of India 1994 I.I.T. Bombay.
- Invited lecture on Antahkarana the Ayurvedic Perspective of Psychology before a select audience at the 2nd CTSTI, Anna University Madras December 1995.
- National Workshop on Mother Child Care, Delhi Dec. 89 organised by CHETNA CAPART & LSPSS. Presented a paper on Evaluation of Stanya (breast Milk) on Ayuvedic Principles.
- Private coaching Undergraduate & Post–Graduate students.
- Manufacturing of Ayurvedic Drugs.
- Panchakarma therapeutics.
- Discourses on texts especially on problematic areas like Shari and Avruta Vata.
- Collation and compilation of manuscripts under taken jointly with Prof. Bhasr of DCAC Dattatreya Nadi, completed. This will be published soon.
- Charaka Uttara Tantra.
- Vyasa Smhit.
- Study tours of various Ayurvedic Institutions in country.
- Have visited about 8 institutions in South India and Gujarat.
- Life member, Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune.
- Life member, Maharashtra Practice Vaidyak Sammelan, Pune.
- Life member, Tilak Maharshtra Vidyapeeth snatak Mandal, Pune.
- Life member, All India Ayurvedic Specialists, Delhi.
- Executive Committee Member, LSPSS.
- Trustee Radhakrishna Memorial Trust, Pune.
- Member of Goa Public Service Commission Panel.
- Member of Advisory Committee, Chitrakoot Gramodya Vishwavidyalaya Chitrakoot M.P.
- Executive Committee Member – Vaidya Vellayudha krupa Memorial Nehru Hospital niranam Tiruvalla, Kerala.
- Member of the National Survey group formed for formulating a report on the Prevailing Traditions in Mother Child Care done by various field groups from all over the India.
- Ex. Member, Working group for the Knowledge based computer Systems (KBCS) project set up at the centre for development of Advanced Computing by the Dept. of Electrons. Govt. of India.
- Ex. Member, Board of studies for basic Subjects, Faculty of Ayurveda University of Poona.
- Teaching faculty member school of Health Sciences Pune University.
- Teaching faculty member College of Ayurveda Grass valley California.
- Chairman 1sr Briha trayee Ratna Award Committee AVR Foundation Coimbatore.
- Member Advisory Board Quarterly Journal Ancient of Life, International Institute of Ayurveda Coimbatore.
|Academic Interests:||Assisted as Domain Expert in Development of Advanced Computing (C–DAC)|
|Hobbies:||Photography, Trekking & Hiking, Reading Literature on Ancient Science|
|Awards:||Koltkar Award for teaching & research given by Khandivale Vaidyak Samshodhan Sanstha.|