Government of India is committed to provide health care to all its citizens. To achieve the above goal government of Maharashtra is providing preventive and curative health care to all its citizens. The facilities & services at hospitals are constantly upgraded by providing newer equipments, by providing better buildings & strengthening first, second and third referral centers. The hospitals are also getting registered with Maharashtra pollution control Board for safe disposal of biomedical waste generated in the hospital. The referral services are strengthened by providing training, referral slips, registers & monthly monitoring services. As a result we have data available on referral services, which shows encouraging results.
Hospital Services in the State
- The Policy of the State Government is to provide Comprehensive health care to all its citizens.
- This is implemented through a network of SDH – 50, SDH – 100, Women, General, District, Regional Referral Hospitals and trauma units.
|Health Institute||No. of Hospitals||No. of Beds|
|Sub–District Hospital 200 bedded||3||602|
|Sub–District Hospital 100 bedded||22||2200|
|Sub–District Hospital 50 bedded||56||2800|
|Regional Referral Hospitals||2||200|
|Trauma Units||53 (30+23)||1060|
Objectives of Hospital Services
Hospital Services in the State
Provision of secondary health care to the community by establishment of 1st referral & 2nd referral and 3 rd referral hospitals.
Emergency medical services
Reduction in mortality & morbidity due to burns by establishing burn wards.
Trauma Care Unit
Reduction in morbidity & mortality due to Trauma by provision of pre hospital care, hospital care & rehabilitation.There are 23 trauma units at district and 30 at sub district & rural hospitals.
Reduction in morbidity & mortality by providing intensive care to Trauma cases & cardiac cases.
Reduction in IMR by reducing neo natal mortality rate, early neo natal mortality rate & peri natal mortality rate.
Reduction in mortality & morbidity due to trauma, brain problems, cerebrovascular accidents by providing dignostic tool in the form of CT Scan.
Reduction in morbidity & mortality due to cardiac problems.
- Reduction In Maternal Mortality Rate.
- Provision Of Essential & emergency obstetric services.
- Implementation of family welfare programme.
Establishment of District Hospitals, SDH–200, SDH–100, SDH–50, Women Hospitals and trauma units with fixed norm of logistics i.e. staff, instruments equipments & financial support.
Establishment of Burn Wards with fixed norm of staff, instruments equipments & financial support.
Upgradation & modernisation of Burns Ward is done in following District Hospitals.
|Sr. No.||Districts||Sr. No.||Districts|
|3||Ulhasnagar Central Hospital||14||Beed|
|5||Pune Chest Hospital||16||Buldhana|
Trauma Care Unit
Establishment of 53 Bedded Trauma Centers with 20 beds each. At District level & sub district level with fixed norm of logistics & human resource.
|Sr. No.||District Hospitals||Sr. No.||District Hospitals|
Trauma Care Hospitals at Sub District Hospitals
|Sr. No.||All District Hospitals||Sr. No.||All District Hospitals|
|1||RH Mahad, Raigad||16||SDH 100 Omerga,Osmanabad|
|2||RH Sangmeshwar, Raigad||17||SDH 50 Georai, Beed|
|3||SDH 50 Kamthe, Ratnagiri||18||RH Kej, Beed (8.3.06)|
|4||RH Manchar, Pune||19||SDH 50 Kinwat, Nanded|
|5||RH Pachod, Aurangabad||20||RH Naigaon, Nanded|
|6||RH Kannad, Aurangabad||21||Gen Hospital Khamgaon, Buldhana|
|7||SDH 50 Gangapur, Aurangabad||22||SDH 50Pandherkawada, Yavatmal|
|8||SDH 100 Vaijapur, Aurangabad||23||RH Karanja (Ghadgi) Wardha|
|9||SDH 50 Sillod, Aurangabad||24||SDH 100 Hinganghat, Wardha|
|10||RH Ghansavangi, Jalna||25||RH Deoria, Gondia|
|11||RH Mantha, Jalna||26||Telgaon, Beed|
|12||SDH 50 Basmat, Hingoli||27||RH Bhokar, Nanded|
|13||RH Ahmedpur, Latur||28||RH Ajintha, Aurangabad|
|14||RH Murud, Latur||29||RH Jintur, Parbhani|
|15||SDH 100 Udgir, Latur||30||Central Hospital Ulhasnagar|
Mobile Medical Units
As per the government regulation mobile medical units are set up at District and Sub district hospitals as follows:
|Sr. No.||Mobile Medical Unit||Sr. No.||Mobile Medical Unit|
|1||District Hospital, Jalna||8||District Hospital, Aurangabad|
|2||District Hospital, Parbhani||9||Sub District Hospital – Mukhed, Nanded|
|3||District Hospital, Hingoli||10||Sub District Hospital, Udgir, Latur|
|4||District Hospital, Latur||11||Sub District Hospital, Kaij, Beed|
|5||District Hospital, Osmanabad||12||Sub District Hospital, Vaijapur, Aurangabad|
|6||District Hospital, Beed||13||Sub District Hospital, Umerga, Osmanabad|
|7||District Hospital, Nanded|
Following health facilities are provided by mobile medical units
- To arrange health checkup camps.
- To arrange camps in epidemic at the actual site to control epidemic.
- To visit accident spots and give necessary treatment.
- To survey different epidemic.
- To create awareness about health and hygiene in community.
- To help in day to day work of hospitals.
- To arrange check up in schools.
- To participate in various national health programs.
Establishment of ICU’s at district hospitals & SDH 100 by providing fixed norm of staff, instruments equipments & financial support. Six beded ICU at District Hospitals and four beded ICU at SDH 100. ICU facility available at:
|Sr. No.||Name of District||District Hospitals||SDH – 100|
|4||Aundh General Hospital||Aundh General Hospital||–|
Establishment of NICUs at all district hospitals by provision of specified norm of staff, instruments equipments & financial support.
NICU Services are made available in General Hospitals of following Districts.
|Sr. No.||NICU Available Hospitals||Sr. No.||NICU Available Hospitals|
Establishment of CT Scan centers at district hospitals with provision of CT Scan machines, other logistics, specified staff & financial support.The facility of C.T. Scan is available in General Hospitals of following Districts.
|Sr. No.||List of District Hospitals where C.T. Scanner supplied||Sr. No.||List of District Hospitals where C.T. Scanner supplied|
|11||Parbahani||22||Central Hospital, Ulhasnagar–3|
Marathwada Vikas Package
With reference cabinet meeting at Aurangabad dated 25 october 2007 Marathwada Package was declared as under for the year 2008–09 & 2009–10.
- Upgradation Rural Hospital Kej Dist Beed to 50 beds.
- 100 Beds Hospital at Nanded.
- Truma care centre in Rural Hospital Bokar, Telgaon, Ajinta, Jintur.
- Truma care centre at Parbhani to 50 beds.
- Upgradation Rural Hospital Tulajapur Dist Osmanabad is upgradation in 100 beds Hosptial.
- Woman Hospital at Hingoli and Osmanabad.
The National Rural Health Mission is selected 171 hospital are Indian Public Helaht Ruls upgradation. Under for the year 2007–08 are 66 Hopsital selection, 24 District Hopsital and other Hospital selected in National Rural Health Mission.
In State 22 District Hosptial and Sub District Hosptial are Telemedicine Facility Services are Provide for ISRO.
National Cancer Control Programme
Cancer of the cervix is most common cancer in Indian Women after age 35 years so papsmear testing is made available at all District Hopsital/Women Hosptial in the state under Cancer Control Programme.
One Gynaecologist, Pathologist and Lab. Tech. from each District Hospitals are trained for this purpose, one Microscope with sufficient number of slides and chemicals have been provided to all institiutions. Uptill now endoscopees has been provided at Distirct Hosptial, Ratnagiri, Amaravati and Bhandara so it is helpful for diagnosis of gastro intestinal and upper respiratory track Cancers. Endoscope for remaining hospitals will be provided in xth five year Plan by phase manner. In this scheme government has decided to provide Bronchoscope at Distirct Hospital, Akola, Buldhana, Wardha and Chandrapur and equipment will be supply to this hospital. Government decided to this facility will be provided in remaining district hospital. Government decided to this facility will be porvided in remaining district hospital by phase manner. The District Hospitals have been provided with endoscopes, bronchoscopes and Gastroscops by the MHSDP.
Bombay Nursing Home Act 1949
This act is initially launched for the Bombay city under the Govt. U. D. P. H & H. D. Secretariat, Mumbai resolution no. NHM 1161/33950/39497 – G–11 dtd. 10/5/1973. It is further implemented for all Maharashtra vide notification issued through Govt. Resolution No. Sankirna 2002/CR–225/PH–4, dtd 15/1/05.
All the Private/Charitable nursing homes and maternity homes which are working under the jurisdictions of Municipal councils/Village Panchayats are compulsory to registered under this act. In this connetion all Chief Executive Officers and Collectors are communicated to advertise the said matter in their local newspapers.
Nurisng homes/Pvt. Hospitals should be authorized, Govt. recognized. The main objectives of this act is that all the private nursing homes should work legally and smoothly. They are easily monitered. Also trained medical/para medical staff.sufficient facilities, required equipments should be available. The requisite registration fee is charged for this registration. Also this registration should be renewed after every 3 years.
Registration should be done as under
- Gram Panchayat Area – District Health Officer
- Municipality Area – Civil Sureony
- Corporation Area – Medical Officer Health of Corporation
In the Winter session assembly December, 2005 amendment act 2005 for Bombay Nursing Home registration act 1949 is amendment by Law in Bombay Nursing registration (Amendment) 2005.
Provision of Echo cardiography machine to dignose cardiac problems by provision of trained man power.
Echo Cardiography & Stress Test facilities are made available in 19 District Hospitals in 1998.
|Sr. No.||Districts||Sr. No.||Districts|
Establishment of 8 women hospitals as under
|Name of Hospital||No of Beds||Name of Hospital||No of Beds|
|Govt. Maternity Home, UNR 4||50||Women Hospital, Amrawati||189|
|Women Hospital, Jalna||60||Women Hospital, Gondia||80|
|Women Hospital, Akola||292||Women Hospita,Beed||60|
|Daga Women Hospital, Nagpur||335||Women Hospital,Parbhani||60|
District Training Centers where building available
|Name of District||Name of District|
Disaster Management Scheme
Ayurvedic Clinics: Along with the allopathic services which are available in Civil Hospitals. The state govt. has sanctioned separate OPD for services of Ayurvedic medicine. One Post of Aurvedic specialist has been sanctioned at all SDH 100.
Taking into account the response that is received at these Civil Hospital in Ayurvedic Clinics, The state govt. is actively considering starting Ayurvedic OPD. in the all Civil Hospital in a phased manner.
Service Centers available in each District
Service Centers/List of Hospitals
|Sr. No.||List of District Hospital||Beds||Sr. No.||List of District Hospital||Beds|
|1||District Hospital Thane||336||13||District Hospital Hingoli||200|
|2||District Hospital Alibag||200||14||District Hospital Beed||300|
|3||District Hospital Ratnagiri||200||15||District Hospital Osmanabad||200|
|4||District Hospital Nashik||541||16||District Hospital Amaravati||373|
|5||District Hospital Jalgaon||300||17||District Hospital Buldhana||300|
|6||District Hospital Ahmadnagar||200||18||District Hospital Washim||200|
|7||District Hospital Nandurbar||200||19||District Hospital Gondia||200|
|8||District Hosptial Pune||300||20||District Hospital Bhandara||400|
|9||District Hospital Satara||200||21||District Hospital Wardha||200|
|10||District Hosptial Sindhudurg||200||22||District Hospital Chandrapur||300|
|11||District Hospital Parbhani||335||23||District Hospital Gadchiroli||200|
|12||District Hospital Jalna||200|
|Sr. No.||List of General Hospital||Beds||Sr. No.||List of General Hospital||Beds|
|1||GH Malegaon||200||3||GH Khamgaon||200|
|2||Central Hospital Ulhasnagar||202|
|Sr. No.||List of Women Hospital||Beds||Sr. No.||List of Women Hospital||Beds|
|1||Govt. Mat. Home Ur-4||50||5||Daga Women Hospital Nagpur||335|
|3||Akola||300||7||Neknoor Dist. Beed||60|
|Sr. No.||List of SDH 100||Beds||Sr. No.||List of SDH 100||Beds|
|1||SDH Sahapur, Dist Thane||100||12||SDH Kankawali Dist Sindhudurg||100|
|2||SDH Dahanu, Dist Thane||100||13||SDH Vaijapur Dist Aurangabad||100|
|3||SDH Jawhar, Dist Thane||100||14||SDH Udgir Dist Latur||100|
|4||SDH Mangaon, Dist Raigad||100||15||SDH Omarga Dist Osmanabad||100|
|5||SDH Karad, Satara||100||16||SDH Parali Dist Beed||100|
|6||SDH Pandharpur Dist Solapur||100||17||SDH Mukhed Dist Nanded||100|
|7||SDH Kalwan Dist Nashik||100||18||SDH Murtizapur Dist Akola||100|
|8||SDH Chopda Dist Jalgaon||100||19||SDH Achalpur Dist Amravati||100|
|9||SDH Shirpur Dist Dhule||100||20||SDH Shegaon Dist Buldhana||100|
|10||SDH Gadhingalaj Dist Kolhapur||100||21||SDH Hinganghat Dist Wardha||100|
|11||SDH Sawantwadi Dist Sindhudurg||100||22||SDH Tumsar Dist Bhandara||100|
|Sr. No.||List SDH 50||Beds||Sr. No.||List SDH 50||Beds|
Taking into account the dental problem existing in the people of rural areas state govt. has decided to start dental clinics in SDH 50. Dental clinics are already available at District and SDH 100 With post of Dental Surgeon.
Training to health care providers is imparted through 12 Hospital training centres situated at District Hospitals.
Super Specialty Services
The Super Specialty Services are available in the Medical Colleges of the State. The Govt. has decided to provide these services to the rural people and therefore has decided to provide following Super Specialists to Regional Referral Centres which are developed, one for each Revenue Division. Regional Referral Centers are functioning in Nashik and Amravati.
The services of 14 types of specialists are going to be started in all Civil Hospitals of which 23 are already operational.
|Sr. No.||Name of Hospital||Sr. No.||Name of Hospital|
Name of Specialties
|Sr. No.||Names of Specialties||Sr. No.||Names of Specialties|
|6||Dental Surgeon||13||Chest Physician|
Special Features of Programme
Secondary Health care is made available uniformly all over the state so that needy & poor patients can avail these facilities in the vicinity of their villages.
Construction work at sub district hospitals 50 beded & sub disitrict 100 beded is completed also at district hospitals additional facilities in the form of burns wards, ICU, Trauma care is made available at selected District Hospitals.
Scheme. These efforts have eased the lives of thousands of needy & poor people of Maharashtra.
Expected Community Participation
Various preventive services are organized through public participation in the form of involvement of local NGOs, IMA, Youth organization. An effort is also made to obtain donations from big industries for improving services at hospitals.
Role of NGOs
Providing secondary medical care in private sector is done by various NGOs in the state.
Important Health Education Messages
- Provision of first & secondary referral health care to the community.
- Provision of tertiary health care in the form of super specialty hospitals.
Education department, Revenue Dept have contributed enormously in identifying proper beneficiaries & directing them to proper health facilities which is available under Jeevandayee Aarogya Yojana & Handicap Welfare Scheme. These efforts have eased the lives of thousands of needy & poor people of Maharashtra.
Secondary Health Care in the community is looked after by various hospitals in Government as well as in private sector. The State Government is committed to provide high quality Health Care in hospitals.
Districtwise information of hospitals under Jt.DHS (Medical)
|Circle||Name of the District||District Hospital||No of Beds||SDH 200|
|Thane||Thane||Thane||300||Central Hos. Unr-3|
|Pune||Pune||Aundh General Hos.||280||0|
• Click here to view full details
Manages the activities related to establishment like filling of vacancies, transfers etc. Also maintains the seniority list of all cadres of class I, class II staff.
- Showcase Notice for illigal absenty to Medical Officer’s from Maharashtra Medical & Health Services (Grade – A) cadre
- Recruitment Rules for Maharashtra Medical and Health Services: Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3
- Provisional Statement (Subject to Revision) showing the list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed before 31–12–1997 and working upto 2008 in the Government of Maharashtra State under Public Health Department.
- Provisional Statement Showing the list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 1998 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 1999 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 2000 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 2001 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 2002 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 2003 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the Provisional list of Ad–hoc Medical Officer appointed in the Year 2004 still working in the service of govt. of Maharashtra State under control of Public Health Department.
- Statement Showing the list of M.M.H.S. Group A(8000–13500) of 169 Medical Officers promoted as Class–I.
- Statement Showing the list of M.M.H.S. Group A(8000–13500) of 161 Medical Officers Retired.
- Final Seniority list of Director of Health Services M.M.H.S., Gr. A as on dtd. 1.1.08
- Final Seniority list of Addl Director of Health Services M.M.H.S., Gr. A as on dtd. 1.1.08
- Final Seniority list of Jt. Director of Health Services M.M.H.S. , Gr. A as on dtd. 1.1.08
- Seniority list of Director, Addl. Director, Joint Director and Deputy Director cadre as on dated 1.1.2008
- Interim Combined Seniority list of Civil Surgeon, District Health Officer & Specialist of Maharashtra Medical & Health Services (Class-I) cadre as on 1.1.1987
- DHO Sr.List 06
- Spe - Sr.List 06
- GSS-Cl-I Sr.List 06
- MMHS (8000-13500) Sr List 06
- GSS Cl-II Sr.List 06
- DHS Sr.List Class-III 07
- DHS Sr.List Class-IV 07
- Interium Seniority list of Medical Officer (ENT), M.M.H.S., Gr.A as on dated. 1.1.2008
- Interium Seniority list of Asstt. District Health Officer (Para medical), G.S.S. Gr. A as on dated 1.1.2008
- Interium Seniority list of Opthalmic Surgeon, M.M.H.S., Gr.A as on dated 1.1.2008
- Interium Seniority list of Psychiatrist, M.M.H.S., Gr.A as on dated 1.1.2008
- Interium Seniority list of Orthopedic Surgeon, M.M.H.S., Gr.A as on dated 1.1.2008
- Interium Seniority list of Chief Administrative Officer, G.S.S, Gr.A as on dated 1.1.2008