Critical Illness policy
This is a policy for individuals in the age group 20–65 years covering the following critical ailments:
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Renal Failure ie. Failure of both Kidneys.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Major organ transplants like kidney, lung, pancreas or bone marrow.
- In the event of a claim, the critical illness has to be diagnosed by a registered medical practitioner, supported by radiological, histological and laboratory evidence acceptable to the company and to be reconfirmed by a registered Medical Practitioner appointed by the company.
- The company shall compensate the insured only once for any particular Critical Illness
- The claim will be paid if the insured person survives for 30 days after the diagnosis of the Critical Illness. The policy claim will not be reimbursed if the insured person falls ill within the first 90 days of buying the policy.
This policy compensates individuals against the following solely and directly resulting from accidental injuries:
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of eyesight
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Temporary total disablement
This consists of the following benefits if the insured sustains bodily injury due to an accident caused by external, violent and visible means.
- Death: Rs 1 Lac
- Loss of two limbs/two eyes/one limb and one eye: Rs. 1 Lac
- Loss of one limb or one eye: Rs. 50,000
- Permanent Total Disability: Rs. 1 Lac. (This part of the policy covers death / disability on 24 hour basis and is not limited only to accidents due to rail/road travel, but covers all types of accidents.)
If the insured person sustains bodily injury which requires medical treatment as advised by a qualified Medical Practitioner arising solely and directly from rail/road accidents, the medical expenses for treatment are as following:
- Hospitalization expenses for medical/surgical treatment at nursing home/hospital as an inpatient – up to Rs. 1 Lac.
- Outpatient treatment up to Rs. 10,000 within the overall limit of Rs.1 Lac as mentioned above.
- Domiciliary hospitalization is also covered in case the patient cannot be removed to the hospital or due to lack of accomodation in hospital.
Apart from the above, the policy includes expenses for carriage of dead body of the insured (in case of death due to accident only), an education fund for dependent children of the insured and a cumulative bonus benefit. Details for these can be found at the insurance company's website.
For Rural Markets
The National Insurance company also has a host of options for the rural markets. Some of these are as follows:
- Rajrajeshwari Mahila Kalyan Yojana Policy aims at the welfare of women mainly of rural and semi–urban areas irrespective of income or occupation * Bhagyashree Child Welfare Policy is meant for protection of the child in the event of death of either or both the parents
This policy covers reimbursement of hospitalization expenses which are reasonably and necessarily incurred, under the following heads:
- Room, boarding expenses as provided by the hospital/nursing home.
- Nursing expenses
- Fees of surgeon, anaesthetist, medical practitioner, consultant and specialist.
- Expenses on account of anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, medicines and drugs, diagnostic material, X–ray, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, cost of pacemaker, artificial limbs and cost of organs and similar expenses.
This is a family floater health insurance policy wherein the entire family is covered under a single Sum Insured. The policy covers reimbursement of hospitalization expenses for illness or diseases contracted; or injuries sustained by the insured person. In the event of any claim becoming admissible under the policy, the company will either pay directly to the insured person or pay to the hospital through the TPA.
This Mediclaim policy is designed to provide health and personal accident cover to the students. It also provides for the continuation of education of the insured students in case of death or permanent total disablement of the guardian due to accident.
This policy caters to the needs of senior citizens. It covers hospitalization and domiciliary hospitalization expenses along with expenses for treatment of Critical Illnesses. Diseases covered under Critical Illnesses are as under:
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Renal Failure i.e. Failure for both kidneys
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Major Organ Transplants like kidney, Lung, Pancreas or Bone marrow
- Paralysis and blindness at extra premium
This policy covers medical expenses whilst traveling abroad for business or holiday. The policy will be valid only if the insured person's journey commences within 14 days of the first day of insurance as indicated in the policy schedule.
Specialized medical policies for banks
- Uco Medi+ Care Bima is a health cum accident policy designed for the account holders of Uco Bank. The entire family consisting of the a/c holder, spouse, 2 dependent children and two dependant parents can be covered under this policy.
- BOI National Swasthya Bima policy is designed for the account holders of Bank of India. The entire family consisting of the account holder, spouse and two dependent children up to the age of 21 years can be covered under this policy. This policy covers hospitalization expenses for the account holder and family. In case of hospitalization, the entire family is covered for the Floater Sum insured as opted for, i.e., either one or all members of the family can utilize the Sum Insured during the policy period.
- Star National Swasthya Bima policy is designed for the account holders of Bank of India. The entire family consisting of the account holder, spouse and two dependent children up to the age of 21 years can be covered under this policy. This policy covers Hospitalization expenses for account holder and family. In case of hospitalization, the entire family is covered for the Floater Sum Insured as opted for, i.e., either one or all members of the family, as stated above, can utilize the Sum Insured during the policy period.
- Baroda health policy is a health cum accident policy designed especially for the account holders of Bank of Baroda. The entire family consisting of the a/c holder, spouse and 2 dependent children can be covered under this policy. In case of hospitalization, the entire family is covered for the Floater Sum Insured as opted for, i.e., either one or all members of the family can utilize the Sum Insured during the policy period.