It will include
Drugs that control blood pressure like atenolol, nifedipine, captopril, etc.
- Diuretics – drug that help eliminate excess sodium and water from the body.
- Phosphate binders – Alludrox, sorbacid, calcium carbonate power or tablets to normalize phosphorus level in the blood.
- Calcium and active vitamin D because the kidney cannot activate vitamin D.
- Sodium bicarbonate – when the kidney function goes down, the acids produced from the food we eat are not excreted and their level increases. To neutralize the acids, sodium bicarbonate may be required.
- Drugs that help to treat anemia: many patients with chronic renal failure have poor appetite leading to iron and vitamin deficiency which may contribute to anemia. Therefore, iron and vitamins will be necessary in most of the cases.
- Other drugs depending upon patients condition