Hits: 55345
Central government assistance scheme for institutions
If the state government does not grant money then the application could be forwarded to the central government. There is a 3 per cent reservation for physically handicapped for jobs in any government institutions. One per cent each for deaf and dumb, 1 per cent for blind and one per cent for orthopedically handicapped. Aids such as wheel chairs, crutches are also given by the government for the handicapped.

The government has provided guidance and counseling centers for the handicapped to help them get information about the various central and state government schemes. In case of government housing schemes first preference is given to the handicapped in case of allotment. In case of equipment imported for the handicapped there are concession given on the import duty paid.

There are mainly three types of assistance provided for: Financial Assistance

Education Travel concessions