Most of the patients suffering from chronic renal failure eventually need hemodialysis, as the damage to the kidneys are more profound by each passing day.
Ayurvedic view in the pathogenesis of renal disease is that, urine originates from large intestines and is filtered by Kidneys. The composition and formation of urine takes place in large intestines and is carried to the kidneys for excretion. This shows that the large intestine should have strong influence on composition of urine.
So according to Ayurvedic view, keeping the large intestines healthy is one of the major aspects in treating renal diseases and improving renal functions.
In order to improve the health of large intestines Ayurveda advocates Basti Chikitsa. In Basti therapy we administer medicated ghee, oil and decoctions per rectum. Basti is known to enhance faster relief for renal failure patients and overall physical quality of life of the patient improves considerably.
We have also researched for last 3 years on a particular herbal preparation under an eminent Nephrologist Dr.B.R.Ramesh Rao in Mumbai and the results in Chronic Renal Failure patients have been very encouraging. The overall physical and mental quality of patient’s life improved considerably showing overall improvement in the health status.
So along with modem Allopathic medication if & can administer Basti therapy and the herbal tablets, we expect that the physical and mental quality of patient’s life will improve, which will help the patient to fight against the chronic disease more positively.
We have undertaken this project in Pune, India, under the guidance of senior Allopathic and Ayurvedic physicians.
Our Medical Research Committee includes:
A) Allopathic Doctors:
- Dr. Ekbote Gajanan, M.S, M.N.A.M.S.
Dean, Faculty of Medine, University of Pune, India.
- Dr. Ukidve S.V, M.D. Medicine, Senior Nephrologist, Pune.
- Dr. B.R. Ramesh Rao, M.D, D.N.B, Senior Nephrologist, Mumbai.
- Dr. Wagh Shrikant, M.A.Sc, M.D. Medicine, Pune.
- Dr. Mrs. Rao Alka, M.D. Medicine, Mumbai.
- Dr. Apte, B.K, M.Sc, Ph.D, Senior Scientist, Mumbai.
- Dr. Doiphode, M.A.Sc, Ph.D.
Dean Faculty ofAyurveda, University of Pune, India.
- Dr. Vaidya Joshi Y.G, G.F.A.M, H.P.A, Senior Ayurvedic Physician, Pune.
- Dr. Bhagwat.V.V^B.A.M. & S, F.I.I.M, Pune.
- Dr. Ukidve S.V, M.D.Medicine, Senior Nephrologist, Pune
- Dr. Akkalkotkar Mandar, M.D.Ayurved, Pune.
- Dr. Kul kami Yogini, M.D, Ph.D, Ayurveda, Pune.
- Dr. Mehta Nikhil, M.B.B.S, Pune.
- V. Bhagwat Umagauri, B.A.M & S, Pune.
Dr. Mokashi Mahesh, M.B.B.S, Pune.
The project will be run in association with, Pranavtirth Charitable Trusts,
Omkar Mission Research Institute, which is a social organization dedicated to research, in the field of Ayurved.The institute emphasizes more on researching untouched areas of Ayurved, which will open doors for newer approaches in treating various diseases.
Salient features of the project:
1 Senior Allopathic and Ayurvedic doctors will examine the patients thoroughly and will start the therapy.
2.The herbal tablets and medicines for Basti therapy will be prepared with proper Ayurvedic procedures under guidance from senior Ayurvedic practitioners. Total 24 Bastis of different types will be administered.
3. The following laboratory investigations will be done after completion of each phase, so that the improvement in quality of patient’s life can be estimated. Investigations to be done are, S.Creatinine, S.Potassium, BUN Urine Routine, SGPT and CBC.
4. Special dietary advice will be given to patients
1. Combination therapy will be very useful for newly diagnosed cases of chronic renal failure.
2. Even when the patient is undergoing regular dialysis, some symptoms like, weakness, lethargy, nausea, breathlessness may arise, combination therapy will help to reduce these symptoms and will help to improve overall quality of patient’s life.
3. As the main aim of combination therapy is trying to reduce damage to the kidneys, it will help in improving overall physical and mental Quality of patient’s life.
At present the project will be carried out at:
Swasthya Kidney Care Center,
Swasthya Ayurvedic & Clinic 1475,Saptashrungi Heights, Above Hotel
Uday Vihar, Opposite S.P.College, Sadashiv Peth, Pune, Mharashtra, India.
For further details please contact:
Mon to Thrs +91 9823 351 111, Fri to Sat +91 9821 911 111
Mon to Sat 11 to 1 pm, and 6 to 8 pm,
Ph: +95 20 24495546.