Concepts of Ayurveda
- Hits: 5842
In Ayurveda, body, mind and consciousness in work together in maintaining balance. They are simply viewed as different facets of one’s being. To learn how to balance the body, mind and consciousness requires an understanding of how Vata, Pitta and Kapha work together. According to Ayurvedic Philosophy the entire cosmos is an interplay of the energies of the five great elements Space (ether), Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Vata, Pitta and Kapha are combinations and permutations of these five elements that manifest as patterns present in all creation. In the physical body, Vata is the subtle energy of movement, Pitta the energy of digestion and metabolism, and Kapha the energy that forms the body structure.
Ayurveda accepts the Hindu Philosophy principle that everything in this universe is made–up of five basic elements. And everything that exists in the universe has a miniaturized representative in our body. Thus the five principles that make the universe make–up our body.
These elements, known as the Pancha–mahabhuta are
- Prithvi or Earth.
- Jal or Water.
- Teja/Agni or Fire.
- Vayu or Air.
- Aakash or Space/Ether.
Ayurveda states that the body is composed of three main substances
- The Tridoshas (three doshas).
- The Dhatus (these are seven in number).
- The Malas (the waste products, chiefly contain feces, urine and sweat).
- Ayurveda and Blood Pressure
- Ayurveda and Cancer
- Ayurveda and Cardiology
- Ayurveda and HIV
- Ayurveda and Mental Health
- Ayurveda and Panchakarma
- Ayurveda Philosophy
- Ayurveda Traditions
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Ayurvedic Body Care
- Ayurvedic Hair Care
- Ayurvedic Skin Care
- Books & Publication of Ayurveda
- Child Healthcare Through Ayurveda
- Common Herbs in Ayurveda
- Concepts of Ayurveda
- Course Details of Ayurveda
- Diagnosis in Ayurveda
- Eight Branches of Ayurveda
- Evaluation of Custard based on Ayurvedic Principles
- FAQs on Ayurveda
- Featured Doctors - Dr. Atul Nandkumar Rakshe
- Featured Doctors - Vd. Sachin M. Narwade
- Glossary of Ayurvedic Terms
- Healthy living with Ayurveda
- Herb This Week
- HIV Research Paper
- Ischemic Heart Disease Research
- Know your Constitution
- Medical Resources in Tribal Areas
- Origin of Ayurveda
- Panchakarma Therapy in Ayurveda
- Prakriti of an Individual
- Profile of Vaidya Vilas Nanal
- Rejuvenation Therapy in Ayurveda
- Series of Seminars By Fr. Agnel’s Wellness Centre
- The Organ Kloma
- Useful Links to Ayurveda
- Vaidya M. P. Nanal Ayurvedic Foundation
Garlic: Purported to help treat infections and rid the body of parasites. Good for spasms and cramps. read more…