This is present in all elastic fibres of the body, in the epidermis, the walls of blood vessels, and also in the surface of bones and in teeth enamel.
All hard swellings, bony growths (anywhere, whether on cheek, jaws, or elsewhere) and indurated glands, indurated tonsils etc.
Bruises on scalp with hard, uneven bumps. (in the head) “A sort of creaking, straining, and drawing, greatly interfering with sleep…”
- Headache with nausea in the afternoon, better in the evening.
- Cataract, blurred vision after eyestrain.
- Thick, greenish–yellow, offensive, lumpy nasal discharge.
- Cavities of teeth, with boring pain, mouth dry, tongue looks cracked. Enamel of teeth rough, looseness of teeth, with or without pain.
- Tonsils enlarged and indurated (hard), burning in throat better from warm drinks.
- Bleeding or blind piles, constipation, pain in back.
- Pulling pains in uterine area, and in thighs, excessive menstrual bleeding, loss of tone of uterine muscles. Stony hard nodes in breasts.
- Aneurysm, early stage.
- Dilation of heart, dilated blood vessels.
- Varicose veins, varicose ulcers and vascular tumors.
- Lumbago, weak feeling in lower back, worse on starting to move, but better after continued movement.
- Chaps and cracks on skin, especially on the palms. Felon (whitlow).
All complaints worse in damp weather and while resting, better by cold fomentation, rubbing and warmth.
This salt is vital for body nutrition and growth. It is a constituent of bones and teeth, of the blood plasma and blood corpuscles, of connective tissue, and is present in saliva and gastric juices and in milk. It is essential for healthy bones and teeth. Promotes cell growth; in fact is essential to initiate the growth process. It plays an important role in the clotting of blood; there can be no coagulation without this cell salt. Apart from its other therapeutic uses, it is an important intercurrent remedy, either as a tonic by itself, or by preparing a ground for the action of other indicated remedies.