Page 8 of 9
- Enema for 2–3 days of cleanse the system and later on as and when required.
- Mud pack to improve circulation to abdominal organs once in every 2–3 hours.
- Cold hip bath daily.
- Gastro–hepatic pack to reduce pain.
- Cold abdominal pack everyday.
- Hot and cold fomentation to abdomen.
- Hot and cold hip bath on alternate days.
- Avoidance of food, except ice–cold mild, at regular intervals till symptom persists. Sucking on ice cubes
- Once the acute symptoms disappear steps to reduce mucosa irritation should be taken. Dietary regulations such as
small meals at
- Fixed timings should be followed. Also, avoiding of irritants (drugs, coffee, alcohol, smoking, etc.) is important.
Excessive consumption of sugar and starch leads to production of fermented acids in the digestive system. The excess acid flush into the blood stream making it hypo–alkaline. Another cause of hyperacidity is missing of a meal between or not taking it at fixed intervals resulting in hyper secretion of acid in the stomach, which burns the soft delicate mucosal lining. At times the acid regurgitates into the esophagus, resulting in burning sensation in the throat region (heart burn). Intake of spicy food, stimulants such as coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking, tobacco chewing and stress and strains, all directly result in hyper secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Routine treatments like mud packs or cold compresses on the abdomen twice a day or cold hip baths daily.
- Hot and cold fomentations to abdomen once a while.
- Cold abdominal pack every night.
- Kidney pack once a while.
- Well planned meals of fixed quantity at fixed timings.
- Adequate intake of water.
- Cold trunk pack once a while.
- Taking enema for 3 days at the beginning of the treatment to cleanse the intestine of morbid matter.