- Hits: 7454
Public Health Institute, Nagpur
Public Health Institute (PHI), Nagpur is an Apex–training institute of Maharashtra. PHI was established as per GR No. PHI/1057(B) dated 9th February 1959. It has technical as well as administrative control over six Regional Health and Family Welfare Training Centres in the State of Maharashtra.
Public Health Institute, Nagpur is situated at about 5 Kms from Railway Station, Airport & Bus station. Nagpur, the second capital of Maharashtra is a cosmospolitan city. Centrally located and well – connected with four metropolitan cities and other major cities of India by road, railway and air. Better known as the ‘Orange City’, Nagpur is one of the cleanest cities of India and a recipient of ‘City Award’.
About the Institute
1. Administrative and Academic Block
The modern building provides the faculty and trainee a conductive atmosphere for work and training. It includes the chamber of Principal, faculty members, administrative office, meeting hall, seminar room, computer laboratory, Conference hall, Faculty cabins, Lecture halls, Reprographic Centre. The institute is on the first floor of the building.
2. Lecture Halls
The PHI has two fully equipped air conditioned lecture halls for 30–40 participants each. The halls are equipped with the modern audiovisual training aids. There are two seminar rooms for the meeting and group discussion.
|District Training Team|
3. Computer Laboratory
The computer laboratory is equipped with 10 computers connected by Local Area Network (LAN) & having Internet facility. The software available includes Windows, MS Office, and Graphic packages, Geographical Information System (GIS) Mapping etc.
The institution’s library has over 5000 books & periodicals on various disciplines in health, which includes basic health subjects, public health, epidemiology & Management. The institute also subscribes no. of journals & periodicals in public health & population sciences.
The institute is having air–conditioned auditorium with capacity of 100 persons. It also has one of the most modern acoustic and lighting arrangements.
6. Reprographic centre
Facilities available are photocopying, scanner with high–speed printer duplicating & binding.
7. Hostel Block
The hostel of PHI is situated on the first floor of the building of Health Family Welfare Training Center (HFWTC), Nagpur. It has 17 rooms, which can accommodate 30 trainees at a time in shared rooms. The hostel also has two air–conditioned, fully furnished suits for distinguished guests and guest speakers.
Faculties at Public Health Institute, Nagpur
1. Dr. Mrs Pushpa A. Thorat, Principal, Public Health Institute, Nagpur is attached to this institute from 9th September 2005. She did her post graduation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Government Medical College, Nagpur. She has worked as Medical Officer and Medical Superintendent, Women’s hospitals Amaravati, Yavatmal & Akola for many years. She started her G.S. at remote PHC Talegaon Dist Wardha. She received Gold Medal for maximum number of CuT insertion in Nagpur Corporation. She has attended & participated in various State & National level conferences. She has published around 20 scientific papers . She was invited for Chairperson at various conferences. She is a fellow of ICMCH Kolkata. She has worked as contributory teacher at Medical College Amaravati.
2. Dr. Prabir Kumar B. Das is working as Senior Lecturer, from 25th July 2005. He is postgraduate in following subjects: MD (PSM), Diploma in Tuberculosis and hest Diseases, Master of Population Studies, MA in Philosophy and Public Administration. He has worked in different capacities like Medical Officer (12 years), Additional District Health Officer (6 years), District Health Officer (3 years), Assistant Director (1 year). He has attended 47 training programme and participated as trainer under different health programmes. He has 14 research papers in his credit and published more than 50 health related articles so far.
3. Dr. Fulchand A. Meshram is working as Jr. Lecturer from 1st July 2004. He is postgraduate in MD (PSM). He has 2 research papers published on High Prevalence of Hypertension among Police Personnel of Nagpur & Epidemiological determinants of Burns. He has attended 5 training programmes and participated as trainer under different health programmes.
4. Dr. Nilkanth S. Wankhede is working as Jr. Lecturer since 22nd April 2003. His educational qualification is MD (PSM). He has worked as Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre Kasansur dist Gadchiroli for 9 yrs. He has attended 6 training programmes and participated as trainer under different training programmes.
5. Dr. Milind S. Vyawahare is working as Jr. Lecturer since 6th July 2005. His educational qualification is MD ( Medicine). He has worked as Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre for 3 yrs. Medical Officer Rural Hospital for 2.5 yrs. Medical Officer Govt Medical College for 3 yrs. He has attended 10 training programmes and participated as trainer under different training programmes.
Staff Position (as on january 2006)
|Sr.No.||Designation||Temp Posts||Pmt Posts||Filled in||Vacant Post||Total||Remarks|
|1||Principal Cl–I||1||–||1||–||1||Deputy Director|
|3||Sr. Lecturer Cl–I||1||–||1||–||1|
|4||Jr. Lecturer Cl–II||4||4||–||4|
|5||Medical Officer Cl–II||1||–||–||1||1|
Please Login to Comment