Domiciliary Hospitalisation Benefit
Medical treatment for a period exceeding three days for such illness/disease/injury which in the normal course would require care and treatment at a hospital/nursing home but actually taken whilst confined at home in India under any of the following circumstances namely,
- The condition of the patient is such that he/she cannot be removed to the hospital/nursing home or
- The patient cannot be removed to hospital/nursing home for lack of accommodation therein
Expenses incurred for pre and post hospital treatment and expenses incurred for treatment for any of the following diseases:
- Chronic Nephritis and Nephritic Syndrome.
- Diarrhea and all type of Dysenteries including Gastroenteritis.
- Diabetes Mellitus and Insipidus.
- Influenza, cough and Cold.
- All Psychiatric or Psychosomatic Disorders.
- Pyrexia of unknown Origin for less than 10 days.
- Tonsillitis & Upper Respiratory Tract Infection including laryngitis and Pharyngitis.
- Arthritis, Gout and Rheumatism.
When treatment such as Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy etc. if taken in the Hospital/Nursing Home and the Insured is Discharged on the same day, the treatment will be considered to be taken under Hospitalization Benefit section. Liability of the company under this clause is restricted as stated in the schedule attached hereto.
Any one illness will be deemed to mean continuous period of illness and includes relapse within 45 days from the date of last consultation with the Hospital/Nursing Home where treatment may have been taken. Occurrence of same illness after a lapse of 45 days as stated above will be considered as fresh illness for the purpose of this policy.