02 July 2010
BT lists some benefits
Basil (tulsi) has several healing properties and is helpful in tackling several health problems. It’s healing powers have been known benefit humans since hundreds of years.
- Besides improving memory, tulsi leaves are known to strengthen your stomach.
- Basil leaves are excellent for curing fever.
- With malaria and dengue in the air, boiling tulsi leaves with a cup of tea acts as a preventive.
- Have a bad cough? Chew on some tulsi leaves to get relief.
- If you suffer from a sore throat, boil some tulsi leaves with water and drink twice a day. You could also use the same to gargle.
- Also helpful in removing kidney stones, the juice of basil leaves and honey should be had for about six months to remove the stones from the urinary tract.
- Basil is also known to have a good effect on people who suffer from cardiac disease. When taken regularly, it reduces the level of blood cholesterol.
- A great stressbuster, studies show that basil leaves are known to reduce stress levels. Chewing about 10 to 12 basil leaves twice a day will help prevent stress.
- Infections and ulcers of the mouth can be effectively treated by chewing on basil leaves.
- Have an insect bite? With its healing qualities, basil leaves are very effective in curing insect bites and stings. You can apply the juice on the wound or even have a teaspoonful of the juice every few hours.