Symptoms of a Sinus headache
Pain and throbbing around one or both eyes that is worse when you get up in the morning, bend over or lean forward. This headache lasts for 3–4 days generally, or till the cold clears.
- A sense of heaviness behind the nose and eyes,
- Nasal discharge that is thick and yellow or green.
In most cases, a sinus headache can be taken care of safely at home and does not require a trip to the doctor. Try over–the–counter medications designed to help open blocked sinuses. A few days of coldarin tablets should do the needful.
Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to taking any over–the–counter medication. Parents of children and persons with medical conditions are advised to see a doctor before self–medication.
You could also try:
- Using a steam vaporizer or cool–mist humidifier,
- Using steam from a basin of hot water, or
- Using steam from a hot shower.
If your symptoms get worse, your clogged sinuses may have developed into a sinus infection called sinusitis.