Organic causes include:
- Spinal cord or cauda equina disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Generalised vascular disease e.g. Leriche syndrome
- Trauma causing nerve or vascular damage (radical prostatectomy, fractured pelvis, abdominoperineal resection)
- Endocrine disease:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hypertension and antihypertensive drugs
- Problems with expressed sexual orientation
- Problems within a relationship
- Oral – including Viagra.
- Penile injections.
- Penile suppositories (intraurethral pellets).