Why shiatsu for today’s world?
- The modern work environment has potential problems like.
- Static posture (static loading of muscles of the back to hold the head in place).
- Repetition of certain movements (over use of particular parts of the body).
- Stress – physical and emotional.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Constricted blood vessels.
- Immobile joints.
- Compressed nerves.
- Contracted muscles.
- Chemical changes in the body (increased levels of adrenaline and cortisone which lead to self – perpetuation of stress cycles, and conditions such as high BP and reduced immune function).
- Sympathetic nervous system in over – drive and not returning to normal levels.
How does shiatsu help in todays world?
- It relaxes the muscles and helps in restoring free blood circulation and free nerve impulses.
- It activates the parasympathetic nervous system of the body to achieve body balance. This gives the body time to heal and restore Ki – the vital life force.
- It reduces continued stress and thus boosts the immune system.
- Reduces elevated levels adrenaline and cortisol thus avoiding depression in cases of chronic stress and illness.
- Namikoshi Shiatsu deals with a lot of chemical/hormonal balancing of the body.