- Infectious skin disease.
- A rash.
- An unhealed wound.
- Immediately after surgery.
- If you’re prone to blood clots.
- Circulatory ailments such as phlebitis or varicose veins preclude the use of massage.
- It should never be performed directly over bruises.
- Inflamed or infected injuries.
- Areas of bleeding or heavy tissue damage.
- At the sites of recent fractures or sprains.
- Cancer patients immediately after chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Avoid massage over any known tumor.
- In any area with a recent surgical incision.
- Massage in the abdominal area for at least two hours after eating.
- Abdominal hernia.
- Abdominal massage should also be strictly avoided during the first three months of pregnancy, during this period, massage of the legs and feet is also inadvisable.
Contraindications of Massage
- Hits: 10586
Garlic: Purported to help treat infections and rid the body of parasites. Good for spasms and cramps. read more…
Did You Know Jala Neti ?
Health Professional's NegligenceRecords of published articles in the newspapers helps common people about precautions to be taken while seeking the services from health professionals and also helps health professionals to rectify the negligence.