- Infectious skin disease.
- A rash.
- An unhealed wound.
- Immediately after surgery.
- If you’re prone to blood clots.
- Circulatory ailments such as phlebitis or varicose veins preclude the use of massage.
- It should never be performed directly over bruises.
- Inflamed or infected injuries.
- Areas of bleeding or heavy tissue damage.
- At the sites of recent fractures or sprains.
- Cancer patients immediately after chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Avoid massage over any known tumor.
- In any area with a recent surgical incision.
- Massage in the abdominal area for at least two hours after eating.
- Abdominal hernia.
- Abdominal massage should also be strictly avoided during the first three months of pregnancy, during this period, massage of the legs and feet is also inadvisable.
Contraindications of Massage
- Hits: 10548