- We will provide a specialist cardiology, cardiothoracic and vascular service for adults and children.
- We will provide acute referral and secondary care cardiology service for general practitioners and physicians in Pune and beyond.
- We will develop joint plans with other hospitals and university of pune for the provision of under and postgraduate training for doctors, nurses, paramedical and technical staff.
- With national research and technology we will promote research programs in adults and pediatric cardiology, cardiac and thoracic surgery and vascular surgery.
- We will develop joint plans with local trusts to strengthen secondary cardiology support and ensure seamless service.
- We will develop care in community for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease and cardiac rehabilitation programs.
- There exists a large unmet demand in the care of patients with ischemic heart disease, and therefore interventional care is set to increase.
- We aim to provide intricate medical and surgical care for adults and children with heart disease and public will expect expansion into transmyocardial laser revascularization, endoscopic thoracic and cardiac surgery and heart transplantation.
- Technological developments in near future will enable to obtain direct contact with clinical specialists through transtelephonic ECG services, angiographic consultations, FAXIL and electronic data transmission of discharge information.
- We are now ready to move into stress echocardiography, 3–D ultrasound reconstruction and also looking forward to setting up coronary brachytherapy for restenosis following coronary intervention.
- These are high cost specialist services, which should provide the best use of resources and superb training and research opportunities.
- Our current service does include some cardiac rehabilitation for both medical and surgical patients. However to meet an integrated service of surveillance, screening and support for patients with coronary heart disease and other cardiac and vascular conditions we will develop different service specification.
- We intent to offer quality care while keeping the cost of service to a basic minimum.
- We intend to adopt high profile in charitable fund raising.
Deendayal Memorial Hospital
926, Fergusson College Road, Shivajinagar,
Pune 411 004, Maharashtra, India.
Telephone: +91 20 25652497, 25651613, 25654262.
Fax: +91 20 25652781