- To maintain and repair various hospital equipment and cold chain equipment.
- To impart training to the technical staff and end users.
- To undertake maintenance and repairs of advanced electronic hospital equipment provided to the hospitals.
The HER Units have carried out maintenance and Repair of Health Equipment and Cold Chain Equipment during 1993 to 2006(upto May) as shown below.
|Sr.No.||Year||Cold chain equip repaired.||Cold chain equip inspected.||Hospital equipment repaired||Hospital equipment inspected|
Present availability of Cold Chain Equipment
Total Cold Chain Equipment: 6363
Out of order Cold Chain Equipment: 64
Percentage of out of order Equipment: 1.0%
- To introduce computerisation.
- To issue standing orders in order to enable the Technician to proceed for the repairs on the basis of reports received.
- To introduce effective management information system.
- To impart training to the existing Technicians in the field of advanced electronics at least to the inspection and carrying out preventative maintenance and minor repairs.
- To maintain adequate stock of spare parts at each level.
- To upgrade knowledge of all technician and staff various training programmes are being conducted at various institutes.