- Motivation of people for cataract surgery, to use the services available for eye care and refraction.
- To organize the cataract surgery camps.
- To organize cataract surgery camps in defined area.
- To develop Eye Bank.
- We share eye care.
- You can make a difference. Let Eye Donation be your family tradition.
- Let your eyes changes someone's life.
- Money can't buy eyes. It is a gift only you can give, gift of sight.
- Anyone of any age, can donate eyes
- Role of Teacher in School Eye Screening programme.
- Role of social welfare department in blinds schools.
- Any other sector can help in cataract surgery, refraction & eye donation activity.
- The goal is to reduce the prevalence of blindness to 0.8% by 2007.
Cataract surgeries performed since 2002–03
|Year||Annual Target||Achievement||% Achieve||IOL Surgeries||% of IOL Surgeries|
|2008–09 (Aug, 08)||725000||252575||35||248554||98|
Note: Achiev – Achivement, IOL – Intra Ocular Lens
Progress in Eye Donation
|Year||Eye Balls collected||No. of Keratoplasty Surgeries|
|2008–09 (Aug 2008)||1967||697|
Progress in School Eye Screening
|Year||Students Screened||Students with refractive errors||Free spects provided|
|2008–09 (Aug 08)||5,09,418||17,683||2,711|