- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore (Karnataka).
- Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
- Cancer Hospital Research Institute, Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh).
- Cancer Institute, Madras (Tamil Nadu).
- Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).
- Regional Centre for Cancer Research and Treatment Society, Cuttack (Orissa).
- Dr.B.B.Cancer Institute, Guwahati (Assam).
- Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkatta (West Bengal).
- Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital, Allahabad (U.P.)
- MNJ Institute of Oncology, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
- R.S.T.Cancer Hospital, Nagpur (Maharashtra).
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna (Bihar).
- Acharya Harihar Tulsi Das Regional Cancer Centre, Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla (Himachal Pradesh).
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak (Haryana).
- Pt. J.N.M. Medical College and Hospital, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
- JIPMER, Pondicherry.
(National cancer registry programme 1981–2001)
- 97.8 (Bangalore) to 121.9 (Delhi) Cancer Cases PER 1,00,000 Population – Urban Males (Age adjusted incidence rate).
- 92.2 (Bhopal) to 135.3 (Delhi) cancer cases per 1,00,000 population – Urban females (Age adjusted incidence rate).
- 46.2 (Barshi) cancer cases per 1,00,000 population – Rural males (Age adjusted incidence rate).
- 57.7 (Barshi) cancer cases per 1,00,000 population – Rural females (Age adjusted incidence rate).
- One in about 15 men and one in about 12 women in the urban areas could develop cancer in their lifetime.
- Cervical cancer and breast cancer are commonest in females. The latter is more than former in Mumbai and Delhi.
- Cancer of lung is commonest out of all tobacco related cancers in men.
- Age adjusted incidence rate of oesophageal cancer in women of Bangalore is one of the highest (8.3 per 1,00,000) in the world.
- Cancer of tongue in males at Bhopal (8.8 per 1,00,000) is highest in all continents.
- Cancer of stomach is one of the main cancer in males in southern registries.
- Gall bladder in delhi women is one of the highest (8.9 per 1,00,000) in the world.
- 75–80% patients are in advance stage of the disease at the time first attendance.
- New cancer patients in India are estimated between 7–9 lakhs.
Some Common Risk factors for Cancer
Smoking: Cigarette, Bidi, Cigar, Hukka, others.
Smokeless: Zarda, Gutka, Khaini, Snuff, etc.
Infections (viruses, parasites, bacteria)
Electromagnetic radiation (ionising radiation, ultraviolet rays, others)
Diet (dietary carcinogens)
Occupational exposure to carcinogens