Services to Common People
Village Level Service
Every birth or death event occurred in rural area is registered at Grampanchayat. Gramsevak or Village Development Officer does this registration. The procedure for registration is quoted in Maharashtra Births and Deaths Registration Rules 2000.
- Rural Hospitals, Sub–District Hospitals, Other Hospitals, District Hospitals, Super Specialty Hospitals.
- At all these hospitals Birth Reports, Death Reports, Still Birth Reports, Medical Certificates of causes of death are filled and are sent to respective Registrars, Births and Deaths. This submission of reports is as per procedure in Maharashtra Births and Deaths Registration Rules 2000. After receiving the reports Registrar registers the events.
- Services centers available in each district.
- Service centers for registration of birth and death are nothing but Registrars office.
Service centers for registration of birth and death are nothing but Registrars office. In each district service centers are as follows:
Rural Area: Grampanchayat of every revenue village.
Urban Area: Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council/Cantonment Board/Ammunition Factory Hospital.
Role of NGOs
NGOs can help for improving the registration of birth and death in community. Awareness of registration is necessary especially in rural area. NGOs can arrange lectures, demonstrations on this topic in rural area.
Health Education Messages
Important Health Education Messages
- Ensure registration of every birth and death event.
- Birth certificate ensures a hurdle–free future for your child.
- Register the event of birth alongwith the name of child.
- Obtain the birth certificate with name of child.
Registration of Birth and Death is multidepartmental activity. In this activity Rural Development Department, Urban Development and Public Health Department are involved. Co–ordination of these three departments is necessary for effective registration.