Accidentally detected when they take the following tests:
- Urine examination
- Blood analysis
- Sonography of abdomen
- Blood pressure measurement
- Comprehensive health checkup
- Medical examination for insurance
- Tests during pregnancy
Common symptoms of kidney disease
- Swelling of the face and feet and sometimes of the whole body (Edema) – Important sign of kidney disease.
- Puffiness around the eyes, particularly in the morning.
- Burning sensation while urinating.
- Gross Hematuria – Red or coffee colored urine.
- Change in pattern of urination including increased frequency of urination and having to get up more often at night to pass urine.
- Pain in the back just below the ribs.
- High blood pressure.
- Increasing weakness.
- Nausea may be present at the terminal stage of kidney failure.
- Abnormal behavior and convulsions are late manifestations of kidney diseases.