Videos of Vitiligo Couples
|Mrs. Jyoti & Deepak Mohite||Mrs. Renuka & Mandar Pawar||Mrs. Varsha Anand Khechkar|
Vitiligo is found all over the world and is seen 1to3% of the population. Vitiligo is not a contagious disease and it does not affect physical and mental capability of a person in any manner. In approximately 10 to 15% of people it can be transmitted to future generation.
Cosmetic disfigurement in Vitiligo leads to lot of emotional problems, depression, and damage to one’s self image and family disputes. These people need firm emotional support from family, friends and society to overcome the devastating mental trauma. In half of the affected population, the patches are noticed before the age of 20 years, shattering their childhood, disturbing their education and spoiling their youthful dreams.
A Ray of Hope
It was under such gloomy, stigmatized social scenario, “Shweta Association” was initially formed in March 2001 by few individuals suffering from Vitiligo who have overcome their complexes with the help of emotional support from close ones and are successful in their personal, professional and family life. All of us are working with a mission of spreading light of hope to Vitiligo people all over the world. Many eminent Social workers, Skin specialists, Psychiatrists, Genetic counselors, pathologists, Beauticians are working actively with us.
Our highest aim is to secure eradication of the curse of Vitiligo affecting millions of people, by scientifically identifying causes of this malady and by developing curative treatment. Till then we work towards prevention and diluting ill– effects of Vitiligo including social stigma.
- To bring people suffering from Vitiligo together, to form a common platform to discuss their problems, to exchange their experiences, to learn scientific facts about the disorder and above all to gain the self respect.
- To undertake programmes towards education and awareness of Vitiligo among the various sections of society.
- To provide counseling to the people afflicted with Vitiligo, their parents and their relatives.
- To advocate and support for research in various systems of medicines to find a permanent remedy to cure and prevent Vitiligo.
- To establish chapters in various parts of India by identifying like minded people who will share our vision.
- Counseling by Experts and experienced persons.
- Data Collection for socio economic, psychiatric, genetic, allopathic, ayurvedic and homeopathic studies.
- Running a Marriage Bureau for girls and boys of marriageable age having white patches or children of parents having white patches.
- Providing Cosmetic Camouflage– concealing make up is important for psychological and aesthetic reasons. It corrects skin disfigurement and discoloration and improves one’s reflective self image.
- Providing Sunscreen lotions for protection of depigmented skin from sun burns.
- Publishing Pamphlets and Booklets to give scientific information of the disorder and its management to increase public awareness by writing articles in newspapers, weeklies and magazines, giving interviews on TV, All India Radio etc.
- Strengthening Medi–Links by active participation of skin specialist, psychiatrists, genetologists, and family physicians from all systems of medicine.
- Reaching the Vulnerable– 50% victims of this disorder are affected by the age of 20 years. We are aiming our awareness programmes at children and youth for early detection and early treatment by conducting medical checkups in schools and colleges, conducting slide shows and seminars, exhibitions etc.
- To Increase Awareness amongst affected people and their families so that these helpless people should not consult unqualified persons, quacks, vaidus ect.
- Getting Global– through websites and email and by getting linked to Vitiligo support group all over the world.
- Daily for counseling, data collection, for marriage bureau facilities, camouflage makeup to needy person at ‘Sahawas hospital’, Pune; from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Public meetings– Twice a year to increase social awareness and to minimize social stigma attached to Vitiligo.
- For fulfillment of our ambitious projects of social awareness and eradication of Vitiligo we seek the cooperation and active involvement of all sections of the community.
- ‘Shweta’ counts on the whole– hearted support of common man by directing Vitiligo sufferers for any help to us and by generous donations. We appeal to Medical Institutes and Industries with social commitment to come forward and contribute for this worthy cause.
Income Tax exemption to donors under section 80G
Vide No.PN/Tech–1/80G/N–185/2002 –2003/334.