- Combined Medical Services Examination – UPSC, New Delhi conducts these exams for recruitment to the following services and posts.
- Assistant Divisional Medical officer in the Railways.
- Junior Scale Posts in Indian Ordinance Factories.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services.
- Medical Officer in Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
The Director General Armed Forces,
Medical Services, DGIA,
Ministry of Defense,
L Block, New Delhi – 1.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) – To get a residency program (Post Graduate seats) in the US for a Foreign Medical Graduates (FMG) has to be ECFMG certified. For this clear step 1 and step 2 of the simple 3 part USMLE (United States Medical licensing Examination), The CSA (Clinical Skills Assessment Exam) and the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language). Since 1999, Step 1 and Step 2 have been converted to computer based tests (CBT) and can be taken at Sylvian Technologies Centers.
- Step 1 is based on basic sciences and Step 2 is based on clinical sciences. The third part of USMLE, Step 3, is required for medical licensure to practice in the USA. After clearing the Step 1 and Step 2 of USMLE, CSA and TOEFL, one becomes eligible for Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification. This allows one to take part in the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) which takes care of residency allotment. Though getting the residency program in the USA is difficult, it isn't impossible. Scores in Step 1 and 2 make a lot of difference. Most FMGs go to the US on a J–1 visa which is valid till the completion of the program or a maximum of seven years. For twice information bulletin on USMLE and ECFMG certification.
PO Box 820992,
Philadelphia PA 19182–0992, USA.
or go to your local USEFI center like
United States Education Foundation in India,
3rd Floor, American Center,
4, New Marine Lines,
Churchgate, Mumbai 20, Maharashtra
or check out these sites: www.ecfmg.org and www.usmle.org