- Acquiring basic information on leprosy disease : causation, transmission, treatment, prevention from all available sources viz. health workers, publicity media etc.
- Self empowerment on early diagnosis of leprosy patches by inspection of whole body once in six months either with the help of full size mirror or close relatives.
- Neither fear a leprosy patient nor to stigmatise the patient even with deformities.
- Contribute their might to rehabilitation of leprosy cured persons.
- Those who are diagnosed as cases of leprosy should.
i) Accept leprosy on par with any other disease.
ii) Regular and 100% compliance with treatment.
iii) Educate the community members on leprosy basics.
iv) Follow self care practices for prevention and control of deformity.
- Early voluntary reporting and regular treatment completion.
- Minimization of stigma.
- Acceptance of Leprosy affected persons without prejudice/discrimination.
- Motivation of hidden cases to report for treatment.
|Year||PR/1 Lac||NCDR/1 Lac|
|2007–08 (Upto Sept..08)||0.83||11.91|
Click here to view full details
Role of NGOs
- 43 NGOs are actively participating in anti leprosy activities. 10 NGOs work on SET pattern, receive Grant in Aid from GOI directly. 12 NGOs receive funds from ILEP agencies directly.
- 17 NGOs work on Hospital Pattern and receive GIA from Govt. of Maharashtra @ Rs.480/bed/month.
Total number of sanctioned beds in the State are 3171. The patients are hospitalized for treatment of reactions, ulcers, nerve involvement and other complications.
- 18 NGOs work for Rehabilitation. They receive GIA from Govt. of Maharashtra @Rs.450/– bed/month.
Total No of Beneficiaries in the state are 2075. These NGOs provide the protective aids like MCR Chappals, Splints and Goggles, Physiotherapy, Reconstructive Surgery, Vocational Training, Socio economic rehabilitation etc to the patients as per their need.
- 2 LRPUs (Leprosy Rehabilitation Promotion Unit) working in the state.
- Liaison with respective primary health centre/urban health institution.
- Special IEC drives.
- Capacity building of staff of PHC and corporation.
- Special drives for detecting hidden cases in endemic and high risk pockets.
- Special attention on migratory population, work sites, slums, labour populations brick works, building sites etc.
- Awareness generation and involvement of school children.
- Regular POD activities.
- Socio–economic rehabilitation of cured leprosy patients.
|Sr. No.||Name of N.G.O.||District|
|1||Vidarbha Maharogi Seva Mandal, Tapovan||Amravati|
|2||Kushtrog Nivaran Samiti, Shantivan Nere||Raigad|
|3||Sarvali Leprosy Welfare Centre,Saravali||Thane|
|4||Kushtrog Nivaran Davakhana, Vadoli||Thane|
|5||Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan, Vasai||Thane|
|6||Anandgram Society, Dudulgaon||Pune|
|7||Sanatorium for leprosy patient, Veermandki||Pune|
|8||Udyog Dham Badrikashram Kushtrog Punarvasan Sanstha, Talegaon||Pune|
|10||Ahmednagar District Leprosy Rehabilitation association||Ahmednagar|
|11||Late Karandikar Guruji Balsadan, Savedi||Ahmednagar|
|12||Hanson Memorial Society, Velu||Satara|
|13||Navnirman Samaj Seva Sangh||Dhule|
|14||Marathwada Lokseva Mandal, Nerli *||Nanded|
|15||Richardson Leprosy Hospital, Miraj **||Sangli|
|16||Maharogi Ashram Kushtsudhar Mandal, Dhamangaon, Kashikhed||Amravati|
|17||Kothara Leprosy Hospital, Achalpur||Amravati|
|18||Leprosy Relief & Rehabilitation Centre, Nimbhora||Amravati|
|19||Maharogi Seva Samiti, Anandvan Warora||Chandrapur|
|20||Mahatma Gandhi Shikshan Sanstha,Chavarda||Buldhana|
|21||Maharogi Seva Samiti, Dattapur||Wardha|
|22||Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation, Hindi Nagar||Wardha|
|23||Eduljee Fremeji Leprosy Home, Traumbe||Mumbai|
|24||Adams Wylie Leprosy Hospital, Mumbai Central (B.L.P.)||Mumbai|
|25||Gurudev Kushtrog Mandir, Amla Vishweshwar.||Amravati|
|26||Ramdevbaba Manav Seva Kushtrog Kendra, Vani||Yavatmal|
|27||Ashwini Medical Foundation, Chinchwad||Pune|
|28||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Medical Trust||Pune|
|29||Ashok Kala Niketan,Dapodi||Pune|
|30||Akhil Bhartiya Kushtrog Nivaran Samiti, Shirur||Pune|
|31||Ackworth Leprosy Hospital, Vadala.||Mumbai|
|32||Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh, Vadala||Mumbai|
|33||Maharashtra Lokhit Seva Mandal||Mumbai|
|34||Society for Eradication of Leprosy||Mumbai|
|35||Lok Seva Sangam, Sion||Mumbai|
|36||Alert India, Sion||Mumbai|
|37||Dr. Bandorwala Hospital, Kondhwa||Pune|
|38||Pune District Leprosy Committee||Pune|
|39||Dnyan Prabodhini, Khed Shivapur||Pune|
|40||Vikas Sadhak Vahini||Pune|
|42||Leprosy Mission Hospital, Poladpur||Raigad|
|43||Abhinav Dnyan Mandir, Karjat||Raigad|
|44||Mahatma Gandhi Mission Hospital, C.B.D. Belapur||Raigad|
|45||Mukt Jivan Centre, Shahapur||Thane|
|46||Solapur Comprehensive Leprosy Project||Solapur|
|47||Leprosy Hospital, Solapur||Solapur|
|48||A.C.C. Sevadham Nagapalli||Gadhchiroli|
|49||Pralhad Ruikar Trust, Lanza||Yavatmal|
|50||Vimala Dermatological Centre, Varsova.||Mumbai|
|51||Society for Research Rehabilitation & Education, Vadala.||Mumbai|
|52||Sevadham Trust, Pune||Pune|
* This NGO also gets grants under Leprosy Rehabilitation & Promotion Unit (LRPU).
** This NGO works as training Centre as well as Leprosy Rehabilitation & Promotion Unit (LRPU).