Free blood Smear Collection & Examination at every Primary Health Center/Rural Hospital/Cottage Hospital (PHC/RH/CH) in Rural area. Free treatment is available at every subcenter Primary Health Center/Rural Hospital/Cottage Hospital/Drug Distribuction Center/Fever Treatment Depot (PHC/RH/CH/DDC/FTD)/District Hospitals.
Free distribution of Anti Malarial Drugs through Drug Distribution Centers in every village.
Free distribution of Insecticide Treated Bednets in highly malarious area of the State selected as per the guidelines given by Government of India (GOI).
Free Indoor Residual Spraying in selected high risk villages as per the guidelines of Government of India (GOI).
Service centers available in each district
All District hospitals and Govt. medical college and all corporation dispensaries.
10453 subcenters, 1814 PHCs, 364 Rural Hospitals, 172 Public Health Units & 61 Mobile Hospital Units are available in the State for the treatment of malaria & other vector borne diseases.
1500 Fever Treatment Depots are established in Tribal districts & nearly about 66660 Drug distribution Centers & Malaria clinics, are also established in every Tribal & Non tribal villages/padas/Aashram schools etc. with the help of Sarpanch, School teachers, community leaders & other local bodies. No. of DDCs & Malaria clinics may vary time to time.
Performance – District Wise
|Sr. No.||District||Year||Coll||Exam||Mal. Positives|
Click here to view full details
Special Features of National Malaria Control Programme
- EDPT – Early detection & Prompt Treatment
- Identification of High Risk area on the basis of parameters like Slide Positivity Rate (SPR), Annual Parasite Incidence (API), Pf proportion, deaths due to malaria.
- Strengthening of surveillance activities.
- De–centralization & strengthening of laboratory services.
- One day Condensed Radical Treatment, Presumptive treatment to all fever cases & suspected malaria cases at referral institutions.
- Chemoprofylaxis to Pregnant women.
- Establishment of Drug Distribution Centers, Fever Treatment Depots in tribal districts & Malaria Clinics in every villages.
- Treatment on malaria cases at every Sub center, PHC, RH totally free of cost.
- Introduction of Twin Blister Pack containing Chloroquine 600 mg & Primaquine 45 mg. for easy consumption of tablets & to reduce parasitic load in community.
- Appointment of pada workers & Malaria Link Volunteers (MLVs) in tribal & remote areas.
- P–falciparum infection is known to lower Blood glucose level causing death due to hypoglycemia in complicated cases. To avert these death Glucometers are provided at all community health centers.
- Vector Control
- IRS – Insecticidal Residual Spraying with synthetic Pyrethroid in selected high risk population.
- Use of larvivorus Guppy fish under biological control.
- Distribution of medicated mosquito bednets in selected villages. Totally free of cost to families below Poverty Line. & Rs.20/– for families above poverty line.
- Re–impregnation of distributed bednets is made every six months interval. Re–impregnation of bed nets of other users will also be made if required by villagers.
- Use of biocides in towns under Urban Malaria Scheme.
- Routine Entomological studies.
- To intensify malaria control activities, Establishment of District Malaria Control Societies in 16 tribal districts under World Bank assisted Enhanced Malaria Control Project.
- Inter sectoral co–ordination with non health departments such as Building & Constructions, Irrigation, Railway, Urban development, Fisheries, Tribal development, education, Forest etc.
- Training of various Health personnel & peripheral staff throughout the year.
- Simplified information system of 13 indicators (MIS) as given below.
|30||B. S. Coll thr. Active surveillance|
|31||B.S. Coll thr. Passive surveillance|
|32A||A Total B/s collected (Act+ Pass)|
|32B||B Total B/s collected (Act+ Pass + CMN)|
|33B||B/S Exam within 15 days|
|34A||Total malaria cases detected|
|34B||Available for RT|
|35||No. of Pf + mixed cases|
|36A||A Total No. of malaria cases treated|
|36B||A Total No. of malaria cases treated within 21 days|
|37||Deaths due to malaria|
|38||No. of spraying coverage Room + C.S. with insecticide|
Of Filaria Control pgm
Of Filaria Survey Unit
Of Filaria night clinic
- Involvement of Non Government Organizations in malaria control activities.
- Implementation of Bye Laws for mosquito prevention.
- Emphasis on IEC for active community participation.