Diet & Nutrition
Nutrition Tips for Nausea and Vomiting
- Hits: 4686
- Eat small, frequent meals.
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Eat only until comfortably satisfied.
- Keep liquids to a minimum. Drink liquids 30 minutes to 60 minutes before or after meals.
- Try a variety of foods.
- Start with easily digested foods such as dry toast, broth, broth–based soups (such as chicken rice), hard candy and cool liquids such as apple juice, carbonated beverages, and sherbet or gelatin.
- If you tolerate the above foods, try other mild–flavored, non–fatty foods such as cereals, rice, baked potatoes, lean meats, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, vegetables and fruits. These foods are usually tolerated better than fatty, spicy or rich foods or foods with strong aromas.
- Rest after meals, since activity may stimulate vomiting. When you rest, do not lie flat for at least two hours after eating. It may be helpful to loosen any tight clothing.