- A remedy for nervous peoples or ailments from fright, excitement that disturbs the system. â€œNervous dread without specific cause.â€ Nervousness or nerves are the red–line pointers of this remedy. It is the nerve nutrient.
- Tired out mentally, irritable, depressed. Sensitive to noises. Confusion.
- Bashfulness, timidity, shyness.
- Cerebral anemia.
- Nervous headaches, indigestion from nervous causes, nervous asthma, etc.
- Discharges very offensive.
- Nervous “Gone” sensation in stomach. Ravenous hunger. Hungry soon after eating.
- Itching of palms and soles.
- Paralytic or rheumatic lameness.
- Neuralgic pains anywhere. Painful spasms followed by much weakness.
- Paralysis of any part.
- Marasmus (atrophy), Wasting of body.
- Gangrene, septic hemorrhages with characteristic offensive discharge.
- Aggravation from exertion, excitement, noise. All pains worse by cold air. Feels better from rest, eating, and warmth.
According to Schuessler, this is the function remedy of the epidermis. Found in cells, intercellular fluids, nerves, epithelium, blood corpuscles.
- Scaling of the skin, unhealthy skin, greenish yellow or yellow discharge forming crusts. Eczema. Burning, itchy eruptions. Suppression of rash in eruptive diseases and problems therefrom.
- Extremely irritable. Hurried, timid, anxious. Fear of falling.
- Dandruff, crusts forming on scalp, discharging sticky yellow matter.
- Catarrhs yellow, slimy, always worse evenings and in warm room, and better in open air. â€œRipeâ€ colds. Third stage of cough with free expectoration, and rattling of mucous in chest.
- Engorgement of mucous membranes in nose and throat, causing snoring or mouth–breathing. (esp. after operation to remove adenoids.)
- Pains of a fleeting, shifting nature, rheumatic/neuralgic pains, cramps in limbs.
- In most fevers, gastric, typhoid, measles, etc. Fever when temperature increases in the evening, and rises till midnight, then falls.
- Yellow, slimy, coated tongue. Dreads hot drinks. No thirst.
- In fevers, when even Ferrum Phos fails, Kali Sulph may be given to promote perspiration.
- Very prominent characteristic is the aggravation in the evening and in a warm room, and amelioration in cool, open air, in all its functions.