Found in the white fibres of nerves and muscles. Works in conjunction with Kali Phos, which acts on the grey nerve fibres, a disturbance in one almost inevitably affects the other. Best given in hot water.
- Spasms and spasmodic pains, neuralgia, darting, shooting, sharp pains, in eyes, ears, throat, toothache, gastralgia, piles, backache, rheumatism, whenever the characteristic indications are present. Pains like electric shocks. Heat relieves all pains, while cold aggravates. Better from pressure applied.
- Spasmodic movements, whether twitching of eyelids, mouth, any limb or body part. Involuntary movements.
- Spasmodic stammering. Hiccups.
- In tetanus, can also be rubbed into gums, frequent administration.
- Cramps–can be used along with Kali Phos and Calc Phos. Cramps in stomach, colicky pain in intestines, cramps in arms and legs.
- Membranous dysmenorrhea, pain during menstruation, with membranes in discharge. Heat relieves. Can be started before periods are due, to ease the symptoms.
- Convulsive coughing fits, whooping cough, along with Kali Mur.
- Always worse from cold. Symptoms better from heat, pressure and rubbing the part briskly.
This salt can be called the water regulator of the body. It enters into the composition of all fluid and solid components of the body. Its function is to maintain enough fluids in the system.