Found in hair, nails, skin, periosteum, nerve sheaths and bone tissue. Silicea is a cleanser – it throws out from body tissues any unwanted matter. It can often start the healing process by promoting suppuration and eliminating pathological collection.
Not confident, holds back from any challenge, but when decided, does the job well. Mind overtired from mental exertion.
- Promotes suppuration. Throws out any foreign matter from the body, must not be used for (even past) TB patients. Use for gumboils, boils, abscesses, for suppurating tonsils.
- General constitution weak and irritable, easily over–wrought and agitated.
- All diseases of the lachrymal (tear glands) apparatus; Styes and Cataract.
- Headache from nape to top of head, worse right side, and from noise, mental or physical work and light, and better for warmth. Oversensitive to noise.
- All type of pus discharges.
- Disgust for meat, warm food, intolerance for spirits
- Ravenous hunger, chronic indigestion and heartburn.
- Menstrual periods with offensive foot sweat; chill through body.
- Numbness of parts lain on. Pain in shin bone. Bones ache. Spasms in hands from writing, and cramps in feet after walking.
- Fetid foot–sweat and problems arising after suppressed foot–sweats. Sweat about head.
- Diarrhea – putrid and offensive, diarrhea after vaccinations.
- Constipation. Stools recede after emerging.
- Extremely chilly. Worse at night and during full moon; cannot tolerate cold. Better from rest, and warmth.