- Repeated application of mud packs on the abdomen several times a day.
- Tonic exercises with cold water.
- Enema with butter milk, instead of water, helps reinstate healthy flora of the colon.
Chronic AmoebiasisIt is a widely prevalent disease brought about by unhygienic habits and insanitary conditions.
Amoebiasis is due to a single–cell organism called entameba hystolitica, which gains entry into the body either through contaminated drinking water or food. After getting entry it lodges itself in the large intestine forming cysts.
Symptoms like dyspepsia, flatulence, nausea, heart burn and occasional loose motions, often accompanied by a feeling of ill health, are quite common. In severe cases, there will be increased frequency of stools with blood and mucus, fever, vomiting etc. If untreated it may lead to amoebic liver and lung abscess.
- Fasting initially for 2–3 days.
- Warm neem water enema for the first 3 days.
- Cold hip bath daily.
- Mud packs at regular intervals for 20 minutes depending on severity.
- Kidney pack once or twice a week.
- Abdominal pack daily.
- Gastro–hepatic pack to relieve distention and pain.
- Hot and cold fomentation to abdomen, hot and cold hip bath once a while.