Belching, another symptom of gas formation is mainly due to swallowing too much of air while drinking, eating, inappropriate relaxation of the lower esophageal opening resulting in gastro–esophageal reflux.
- Relax and eat slowly – physical state of food and mental state of a person both are equally important.
- Drink warm water to eliminate gases.
- Avoid fatty foods, tea, coffee, citrus fruits and fruit juices, alcohol, smoking and high protein diet.
- Hot and cold fomentation helps in relieving gas and pain in the abdomen.
- Gastro–hepatic pack provides relief from pains.
- Cold abdominal pack 45–60 minutes daily.
- Enema for first couple of days to cleanse the system.
- Mud packs to improve blood circulation to the abdominal region.
- Lying down on the abdomen and practice of Pavanmukthasana.
- Replacement of the intestinal flora by reducing fat and protein and increasing the intake of non–fat curd and butter milk.
GastritisGastritis causes a range of disorders that affect the very process of good ingestion. Nausea, bloating of stomach, eructation, gas, pain, burning sensation and generalized malaise after the in–take of food. It occurs on account of inflammation of the stomach’s delicate inner mucosal lining. Vomiting of partly digested food and passing of blood tinged or blood in stools sometimes are some of the symptoms of Gastritis.
The causes can range from excessive drug intake to physical and mental stress.